LSU Indian Mounds

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Sep 14, 2010.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Read my post above and you'll understand why...come on, man.

:grin:

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

thanks i appreciate that. that means so much coming from you. however, i think, just maybe, i will be able to sleep at night. you do realize that you are saying you think that kids a few times a year for maybe the past 100 years, are stronger than 6000 years of weather right? And you feel for me? :lol:

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Good idea... I'll get that shipped out to Col Reb ASAP.

4. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

If I remember correctly, it is an Osage Orange tree on one of the hills. Has it been removed?

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I'm not pretending. I say all the times how dumb I am. Someone is going to splain to me how old dirt piles are important and worthy of preservation. So far the only thing I have seen that makes any sense is what steve said about aliens.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Is that why they are called MRE's? It's brain matter from inside someones head? Cause some of things taste pretty good.

8. LikeMike

LikeMike Tigers eat Chickens

Can I just call shennanigans here and we move on? I can't believe i just lost that 5 minutes reading this thread.

SHENANNIGANS!!!

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

that's what i have been trying to find out, too. only significance that i can see is that the indians built better levees 6,000 years ago than the corps of engineers can today. seriously though, i can understand the pyramids, but piles of dirt? i'm not trying to be belligerent or crass, but were these sacred burial grounds or something? the article says that they were important markers in the transition from hunter-gatherer societies to communal societies. OK, i get that... but it's still just a pile of dirt. it's not like it is something that took incredible engineering marvel to accomplish. or maybe it did? i don't know, it doesn't really bother me one way or the other. and for the record, i am a history buff.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

That's what i want to know. Is ther some intricate subsystem that supports this pile of dirt, or is it just a pile of dirt like the ones my kid builds in the sandbox.