LSU installed as 9.5 favorite

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Oct 6, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Sounds about right...

LSU better bring its A Game. This game is just like MSU but with a much better talented team....

If LSU can get UF down quick and early they will fold their tents. I read a good deal about them after their loss to Ole Miss. They seem very down so they are ripe for a beating. However LSU must play a UGA type game on D, and an Arizona type game on Offense. RUN Joseph RUN.... Open up WR's could be a turkey shoot. But let UF stick around and bad things could happen.
    UF is stocked with Talent. They appear to have terribly coaching.

Like I said about Auburn who is also full of talent. Talent can outlast bad coaching 10 games a year. Bad coaching cost Auburn USC and Ga Tech. Talent beat UT.....

Florida is the same way. Talent had Miami down huge, Bad coaching let them come back to win....

I hope our team watches that Miami game to show them what Florida is capable of...

Its game week !!!!!!

Geaux Tigers

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

i was reading cbssportsline.com and this was the quote from one of the Florida players:

"It's embarrassing," said tailback Ran Carthon, who called a player's-only meeting for Monday.

Two things you can get from this player's only meeting.

1. They have no confidence in Zook (is this a given?)
    2. Motivation to beat a ranked team

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I disagree with the Auburn/Tennessee asessment...The Defensive Coordinator at Tennessee lost his job with that performance. He was given the blueprint of success. Two GAMES worth of blueprints.

Instead of stacking the box, Tennessee ran their base fricking defense. Well, that's not the book on the Plainsmen. You stack the box from the get-go, and you make Campbell beat you. Campbell did OKAY, but Caddy rushed for 180+ I believe. If you stop that, then Campbell's not able to find a rhythm, and he's nowhere near as effective...

Instead, Tennessee dared them to use their running game. They did, and Tennessee's poor adjustments and coaching led to a terrible defensive performance. The tackling I saw was the most horrible of any game I've seen this year in D-1. LITERALLY. Three third down conversions on that last Aubie drive, and each one was a missed tackle that saves the first down, and the Vols missed each one.

That's not excellent offensive execution. That's p!ss poor defensive fundamental football and execution.

Like I said, Auburn, nor Tennessee have bothered me...What bothers me is UF...When's the last time that UF has lost 3 SEC games in a row? I don't know if it's happened in the last decade...The Crocodiles are going to come out fired up. We need to weather their emotional storm, fire it up as fans, and then come roaring back on our own. They'll fold if we can put some scores up early and make some stops. We REALLY need to rattle ole Leak...

If we can stop them early, make them commit some mental mistakes, and get up as a crowd and get them rattled, the offense will feed off the emotion and momentum and put this game on cruise control VERY early.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Good points Educated. UF worries me... Dont know why they just do. I guess its the years of beatings our boys took.. Maybe times have changed, but until we put 2 in a row against them. Anything can happen.

Any good points.

5. donut2001

donut2001 Founding Member

why worry

You shouldn't worry as much about Florida, sure anyone can beat anyone else on a given day, but coaching is the key in this one. Florida has the talent to win, but they don't because of coaching. Against Ole Miss Florida ran more than passed, and didn't ever stretch the Ole Miss defense. Leak only has TWO passes all season of more than 20 yards, and they didn't go long against a defense that gave up 661 yards!! in the air to Texas Tech. Zook and his staff don't see that and run the ball. Result, they lost to a team they are better than for the second straight year. Florida has not improved at all this year from game to game, and in one week they are supposed to figure out how to score on one of the best defenses in the country, with a freshman QB who will experience real crowd noise (unlike the orange bowl) for the first time. I don't think so.

And, on defense they gave up over 200 yards on the ground to Tenn. who has next to no passing attack, making them(Tenn) predictable. Our offense will set up the pass with the run, then call shotgun, screens, and dump off's all day between runs and then throw it long once they draw the defense in, it will be over at halftime.

All this of course depends on our team being ready to play, which I think they will be. For the first time they have the mental mindset to win

6. danky

danky Founding Member

There aren't any 'blueprints' for anything. Thats why we have good coaches and bad coaches. Its take a level of intuitive skill to win football games.

7. donut2001

donut2001 Founding Member

there may not be any blueprints, but there are things that are consistent when defenses and offenses have certain strengths, what I said our offense will do isn't much different from what they usually do, but if anything different happens I would be surprised, besides, is a game plan not a blueprint, and a game plan is what I laid out, although not as well a our coaches will

8. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Texastigers,

You're absolutely right. If your team is thinking like you they will beat us bad. But if they are thinking like most LSU fans, Florida will upset them.

And LSU is just too ripe for an upset this weekend, even with our horrific coaching, playcalling, and gameplan. That being said, I think it is finally LSU's year though. Ya'll will be Bowling in January down in the Big Sleazy.

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Hey Soviet, just tell your Gators to beat UGA! If we are going to N.O. I don't want to have to face UGA again in Atlanta.

10. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

DD,

You never know. Richt and UGA will have so much pressure on them in that game though.

Ya'll will be clicking on all 12 cylinders in December though.