LSU / Iowa Rose Bowl... what will it take?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FloridaHawk82, Jan 17, 2005.

1. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

You are correct

6 Reg season divided between ESPN and CBS 3 each. I believe these were all National Coverage. One on JP Sports :angry: Local coverage only. And the Final on ABC. I must say that LSU exposure has been great the last few years.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I think that you forgot would could quite possibly be the most important component of a MNC: Health.

3. TulsaTimeTiger

TulsaTimeTiger Freshman

USC actually had 5 close games (Vtech, Stanford, Cal, OSUfog, and UCLA).

Credit them for making good halftime adjustments and doing what it took to win.

However, I think the game USC played against OU in the Orange was like LSU at UGA this year; nobody was going to beat the Dawgs that day. Greene was perfect. And with USC/OU, OU committed 3 or 4 VERY critical turnovers the first half that killed them, the team seemed to give up when score was only 21-7.

So.......bottom line is that USC played really great, but they wern't truly tested by a half-hearted OU team that seemed to self destruct, much unlike the team that played LSU the year before. Therefore I think it is quite possible that USC will lose at least 1 game next year. Things have a way of leveling out, I doubt that they will have the same fortune of winning 5 games if they are close to losing that many in 2005.

It would be great to see LSU against IOWA next year in the Rose.

Geaux Tigers!!!:lsup::lsup::lsup::lsup::lsup:

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Dreaming big can bite you in the ass.

Hurt Aubarn last year

5. FloridaHawk82

FloridaHawk82 Founding Member

Marine, I understand where you're coming from, but do you really think that DREAMING hurt Auburn??? I think they didn't START the year high enough... Either way, I'm a firm believer in setting very high goals and doing everything you can to reach them... failure be damned.

MLU Tiger, you are correct that HEALTH plays a huge part... I'm not sure how I left THAT out considering the M*A*S*H unit that Iowa had going this year!

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I was kinda wondering that myself.

7. MarineTiger

When we win the SEC undefeated, then I will talk about the Rose Bowl.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Iowa's conference road schedule is too brutal to come anywhere close to playing for an NC.

It would be a big surprise if you guys could beat the Buckeyes on the road.

I see 2 losses just from your road conference schedule.

9. MarineTiger

Yes, I do think that dreaming big can cause quite a bit of harm if the team continues to set itself up for something that is beyond hard.

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Agreed.... for a team that hasn't won a conference title outright under Ferentz, all this NC talk is, well, just talk.

...that's why I said first things first. We didn't exactly crush our opponents this year... and we da*m-near lost our bowl game. There is much work to be done.

Your conference title should always be goal # 1. Do that... and the rest is up to someone else anyway... ask Auburn.