LSU is a lock for NCAA tournamaent because no #2 west seed has ever been denied entry

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JETigER, Mar 6, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Knight would make Brady look like an angel!

Not what LSU needs...

2. rookie

rookie Founding Member

If LSU loses to the winner of Arky and SC, then they don't deserve to go. Having said that, LSU is a good name right now and would boost ratings a touch because of the success of football.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

BS. LSU compares favorably with other bubble teams and even some locks (Arizona). If Bama gets in, we must get in (unless there is big difference in sec tourney play). Plus, I'll be really ticked if they hold the bye in the sec tourney against us. It will be hard to know, but if bama gets in with one sec tourney win and we dont get in with 0 wins then it really sucks.

4. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

The committee will only take into account Jaime not being on the team in the seedings only. Watch the final RPI numbers as in the history of RPI and the tourney, no team 29 or better has not gotten in the tournament.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

unforetunately, were down to 32 now. i agree with you though, we'll get in as a 10-12 seed. the same thing is being said about louisville. their poor play in the second half of the season because of injuries will affect only their seeding

6. catch26

catch26 Founding Member

I think the SEC Tourny will only affect seeding...the regular season record & conference records have to mean something! However, if we go in and take one on the chin in an ugly fashion (as could happen), then we are up the creek!! An 10, 11,12 seed playing against a lot better team. I just cringe at that thought because of last year. We had all of our guns & still were "one & done"!! I know, I know...stranger things have happened!!! Over the last 5 games though, it ain't looking pretty right now! Oh well, I hope the TIGERS give me a big 'ol $**T burger to chew on!!

Here's hopping they get HOT & play out of their minds!!! (Stranger things have happened!!):D

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!:lsug:

7. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: LSU is a lock for NCAA tournamaent because no #2 west seed has ever been denied entr

hey guy...how come every single projection right now has LSU in the tourney

they spend their entire working lives devoted to making such assumptions

Joe Lunardi has been wrong about 2 times in the past 5 to 7 years on his brackeotology and he has LSU as a #10 seed

i will believe the experts over a negative LSU fan anyday of the year

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Coach Odom of South Carolina was just on the Brady show giving examples of teams that lost their best player immediately before the tournament. South Carolina just lost their point guard for the season also.
    In each case, the comittee dropped the team one spot in the seeding not out of the tournament.