lsu is going to run the table next football season.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 25, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

But if we get destroyed on the first game (see VT game) it could take us too long to regroup and we wouldn't have a shot at a NYD game

Starting one of the freshmen could just as easily lead us to get destroyed as starting Randall, moreso perhaps since they will have no experience at all to fall back on and the speed of the game will be something that they have never seen before in their lives. Now if one of them beats Marcus out then they deserve to start, but we aren't going to throw an entire season away just so we can give one of these guys experience for the next season. Saban's contract doesn't call for a bonus if he has a losing record. Het gets bonuses for winning games, the SEC, etc. and he will not throw a season in the toilet just to give one or 2 guys experience.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

As long as one of the QB's WINS the starting job and it is not handed to him by default I think we will be all right. All three have talent but need to prove they can handle the starting job at a big time university against top notch competition. It is going to be a very interesting spring and fall. :geaux: :lsug:

3. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Excuuuuuse me, but these QB candidates get to play (practice) against the best defense in the country every day! Therefore, no one will "trash" us. Hell, our defense alone won't let that happen. Particularly by some pansy asses from the Pac-10. :geaux:

4. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I think that if our defense performs well, our QB will only need to manage the game and not take too many risks.

I am sure that Jimbo will make sure that we are not in a situation to rely on a young QB to make it happen on his own.

You can book it... LSU will be successful for years to come.

5. cajdav1

Book it
    Count on it
    Money in the bank

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You must have been watching a different Randall. I saw nothing in Marcuss Randall's play that indicated that he could carry LSU through an undefeated season. TE, you're either dellusional or drunk.

7. cajdav1

A note on practice from Tiger Rag

Here’s a token quarterback update. Marcus Randall continued to look sharp on Friday displaying great accuracy on a variety of routes. JaMarcus Russell struggled during the workout, misfiring on most of his passes during receiving drills. Matt Flynn has adjusted his release a little and it shows. He’s dead on when throwing shorter routes and shows improved touch on his deep passes.

I've read several reports so far from Rivals, Insiders' and the advocate and most have agreed with this report.

8. cajdav1

another note

Seems like RP is at almost every practice, which has to be taken as a very good sign for LSU.

9. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

I was told last fall, (from a very reliable source), that Flynn looked better than Russell in Practice. I posted this a few months ago and was beat up on the idea that Matt Flynn could beat out J. Russell. Both Kids were highly recruited, so I would not automatically give the job to Russell as some people have.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Coach Saban also said that, although Randall has looked sharp this spring, "I will defer any decision until I have consulted with the fans who saw his performance 2 years ago and in mop up duty last year". "After all", Saban added, "they are the real experts."