lsu is going to run the table next football season.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 25, 2004.

1. LSUterrill

LSUterrill Founding Member

LOL!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!! TE u r without a doubt to educated and intelligent for me..... I'm not a sugar coater, and I have always told it like it is or how I see it.... Sorry if it upsets someone or u...... But no matter what u say, or what your opinion is, or how much u try to insult me over and over again... I still say I'd trade him away if I could ...... Nothing I have seen in this kids play, makes me believe he can lead this team to a successful season....... He is NOT STARTING MATERIAL..... Guess what...I have parents that love me... and parents that HATE me... I can give a damn either way..... My kids love me, believe in me, and play for me.... I have told several people how I feel about Marcus Randall.... WORD FOR WORD the way I stated it here..... As a fan, I don't believe in him... I'm pulling for one of the 2 freshman to step up and grap the job.... I pray that happens.... Once again... great job on the 3rd insulting post about me... LOL Keep it coming if u wish... LOL... I get a kick out of it....

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!!!! ALL HAIL TE !!!!!!!! :lsug: :lsup: :helmet:

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

*NEWS FLASH TE*

We as fans DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, have to like every single player that wears the purple and gold.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

This is the biggest load of garbage I've ever seen trying to disguise itself as an intelligent post.

4. LSUterrill

LSUterrill Founding Member

LOL !!!! Thanx I-of-the-Tygrr ....... I'm not going to respond to him anymore ... and I'm sorry if I bugged anyone else with my sensless responses to him....

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!! :helmet: :lsug: :lsup: :champs: :geaux:

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I've got no problems denigrating coach's, because they're adults, and they're in the eye of the public, and they're there to have their decisions questioned...by fans, by the media, and by their athletic departments...

But, I hate to say it, but if you denigrate a player, I'll ALWAYS call you out...I don't care if it's Josh Booty or anyone else...I don't care if you are some type of Vince Lombardi wannabe who needs a spellchecker...or you're some type of uber-fan who wants to try to denigrate my intelligence for pointing out the ignorance of a person who is in a position to influence young people.

You don't down a player who puts it on the line, in my opinion. I hate to say it, but you just don't. Maybe not in your book, but definitely not in mine.

Whether my opinions are taken as food for thought or as gospel here, I'll express them as freely and without reservation as some idiot junior high football coach who said he'd trade an LSU football player who Nick Saban and his staff thought enough of to offer a scholarship to (I'm guessing Nick probably knows what he's worth a tad more than 'Ole Bill Belichick of the Jr. High league does, eh fellas?) to a SWAC team for a waterboy.

Like I said...You name the time and place you'd tell the kids and their parents what you said about your feelings (not just those who think like you or from behind the anonymity of the internet), and I'll be right there.

I give a damn what young peole hear from people in authority. Sorry you don't. I'm also sorry you receive a paycheck in return for "services rendered" to young people of this state, with your mindset and your attitude.

But, I digress. Perhaps I should have majored in education instead of Political Science and History. Whatever the case, I'm sure you're proud about your statement and your comments here about a player whose shown through in more adversity than you have in this thread. It's what ignorance is all about. I salute you for not caring about parents, players, etc. I'm also saluting you for your comments about a student athlete of a University you love. He's paid his dues, and that's how you repay him. Truly what the collegiate experience is all about.

Blissful, isn't it?

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

TE you are not considering the fact that Nick Saban is our coach.

I know you speak history and this "No freshman QB......ever....yada yada yada". But that is what it is...history. It's in the past. It's meant to be rewritten. Marcus Randall will be sitting the pines once again and watching as Nick Saban hoists another one of those beautiful crystal trophies, as a freshman QB leads us to the promised land. Too much strength along the O-line, coupled with the nation's best running game and a solid passing attack will propel LSU to an undefeated season. LSU gets to prove to everyone that it is better than USC in the Orange Bowl.

7. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I think both sides of this argument have some merit. I think, and if so I agree, that what TE is saying is that just because you don't think a certain player, Randall in this case, is the best player, you don't have to make it a personal attack. Even though you may not believe he is the best player, you should still support him and applaud him for his efforts and dedication to the university and the team. I think any player, in any sport, be it football or tiddlywinks that puts forth the time and effort to represent the university, his team and us the fans, should be supported in every way possible. Imo, if you don't, you're not really a true fan.

I also agree with those that say, based upon past experience, Randall is not the best qb on the team. But as Nick said in the Advocate article today, he is approaching this season in an entirely different manner than before. So let's appreciate the kids efforts, give him a chance and have faith in our coaches to put the best guy out there.

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Great Post!!!!

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

TE, I think you're taking things way out of context. I'm sure terrill was joking when he said he would trade Randall for a waterboy. Come on man, where's your sense of humor? You're blowing this way out of proportion.

In my humble opinion, I don't think Randall is the best qb for the job, but if he does get it I'll be right there cheering him on. I hope to God that if he gets the starting position, he proves me wrong. :geaux:

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I don't joke like that about our players...Maybe other team's player's but not mine...and I don't think it was a joke. He's backed up his feelings on this multiple times in this thread...and has never feigned that his statement was that of a joke.

I just can't wait to see this guy's career arc. I'm wondering, do more of you think he's destined for the LHSAA JV Football Coach's Lifetime Service Award, or do you think he's setting his sights on a bigger prize? Like being a position coach at Delta State or something like that?