LSU is literally giving away Outback Bowl tickets

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Dec 13, 2013.

1. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

This is a good LSU team, but it came out flat against Ole Miss which cost them a BSC bowl game and they came out flat against Bama in 2011 which cost them a National Championship. Miles is a good coach and I don't hold it against him that he had green players not ready for the SEC nor the fumbles, interceptions, penalties and mistakes which his players made. But it is the coach's job to make sure his team is ready to play. I think fans are not willing to shell out megabucks for bowl tickets and travel when they don't know if the team is going to show up mentally and emotionally. Miles must fix this.

Kal-El012 likes this.
  2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Miles has had 8 years to fix the lack of focus his teams exhibit against so-called "lesser" competition year after year, and hasn't. It is what it is, and it's not going to change. I fully expected them to come out flat and uninspired against Arky, and they did. A team they should have easily beaten. I expect more of the same against Iowa.

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I think they are a borderline at best as far as deserving of a bowl bid. 3rd in the division (albeit a tough one) is not something to be rewarded with extra money and attention IMO. That's just me and my thoughts, you are free to disagree. If you like mediocre or plain horrible college football games in late December and January, have at it.

I'm fine with a bigger division between have and have nots in football. The world needs a lot more janitors than CEOs. It's honest work and if it's truly the best you can do there is no shame in that, be a proud janitor (something my dad used to say when I squandered my academic talent by not applying myself fully when I was a lazy student in HS sometimes). If Iowa fans are gleeful to flock to see their teams partake in bowls after poor or meh seasons, I can't speak to that as an LSU fan. Some of our fans would drive 3 thousand miles to see our team play a high school team after a 2-10 season. God bless em. If you guys are that supportive of your team no matter how they play you are to be commended. I know where you can get a few thousand extra tickets to come cheer them on.

You don't get to speak for SEC fans and I wont attempt to speak for Big 10 fans. Deal? I'd be ecstatic for your playoff scenario to happen but we both know it's not really feasible. I'd love it becasue it would reward excellence and let the rest do whatever they do when they're not playing winning football. My idea is just exactly that - mine. It's fine if you don't agree. I want to see more good meaningful bowl games and fewer participation exhibitions. 20 bowl games is plenty for me. 35 is way too many. For the record I don't really like preseason NFL games all that much either but if you find them intriguing becasue it gives marginal pro talent a chance for their parents to see them on TV in an NFL uniform for 1 to 4 weeks, that's cool with me.

Have a drink on me man!

4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Hey! If the AD wants to comp me two tickets plus airfare, I'll be there with purple & gold bells on.....

Richdog likes this.
  5. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

Even with the way the last one ended (I went to that one), I am not excited about this game. This to me is one of those not so exciting bowl match ups this year.

6. lsutygr69

Are they giving away participation trophies?

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Whether we like it or not, the media will try to build hype for this game by showing the finish to our last meeting about 1,000 times.... Ed Hinkle, who had 10 catches in that game, just did a little story on what actually happened at the end of the game.... quite ugly on both sides of the ball.... but a somewhat interesting read none-the-less....

http://www.huddlepass.com/feature/140660

8. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I think it's ribbons, juice boxes, orange slices, and hugs this year.

9. lsutygr69

Sweet, I would play for a juice box.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Great post. I believe there are probably too many bowls but I really don't mind them. Just don't pay attention if you don't care about them, it's really no skin off anyone's back.

leroy7500 likes this.