LSU is no longer class of sec in Baseball.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Apr 23, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

My guess (and hope) is that Mr. Lafitte was actually making quite the joke.

2. Soap

Soap Founding Member

Having no team leaders and inablility of our coach to motivate our team it just killing us. Our defense, particularly Blake Gill, is single handily killing us. I cannot understand why he doesn't take him out. I know we don't have a true shortstop, but we have got to have somebody better. He leads the SEC in errors and commited 3 more tonight.

Now are pitching has been good enough to win, but our defense is just killing our pitching. We can't get out of innings that should have been overwith with routine outs.

Hopefully somebody can setup as a leader and motivator like Blair or Warren of the past.

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

This team is in fine shape. The only series the tigers have lost was to the Hogs. There is still alot of baseball left.

PS, The SEC is loaded from top to bottom this year. It is amazing how the boo birds love to get out early.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Jeez...ranked 7th in the country with only one weekend blemish and you guys are ready to put Smoke on the bus with Brady. This team is going to make liars out of you in June...bank it.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

From the Advocate:

And maybe he should stop playing with the lineup. let's see since our starting shortstop is hurt, let's just put the second string guy in no matter how bad he plays. When someone is slumping let's just leave them at the top of the order. When another guy gets hot let's still bat him 7th. etc. etc. etc.

You know so much more than Smoke, I admire your abilites to coach, why don't you apply for his job. Then maybe you can get Gill to quit making errors, get Lane, Nate and Justin to start throwing harder and with better control, etc. god knows that the only thing these guys need is a genius like you to take his place and everything will be fine, all of the players will start doing their job, the pitchers will start pitching better and the fielders will quit making errors. Hurry up and apply.

6. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I just sent in my resume, now just waiting on a call. Im sure they will be calling soon with all my experience.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

:grin:

8. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

It's very true that the SEC is loaded with good baseball teams this year. We at LSU are at least partially responsible for that. We took the lead and put SEC baseball on the map back in the 1990s. Everybody else in the SEC picked up the pace and improved their own programs.

WE ARE THE VICTIMS OF OUR OWN PHENOMENAL DOMINATION OF BASEBALL IN THE 1990S.

No joke, that's what I think right now.

9. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

I dunno they are looking pretty good right now 7-0 in the second.