LSU is NOT a top 8 seed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, May 31, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Anybody have an idea on how tough Southern Miss could be for LSU to beat in their regional?

2. midtowntiger

midtowntiger Founding Member

Southern Miss

They are an up & down team. They can hit, but their pitching isn't deep at all. However, you don't want to get into a hitting duel with them & you have your 3rd day pitcher in the game. C-USA is an o.k. conference, but not nearly as strong as the SEC of Big-12.

3. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Well, I think Mississippi State has a damn good chance of upsetting Georgia Tech in their regional. Tech chokes yearly in the post-season and their #4 National Bid is a complete joke but not a surprise.

4. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

The conference tournament isn't everything. We went 2-2 in it without our setup man and a 9 game winning starting pitcher. What counts is the whole season. We won the Big 12 regular season, went 4-0 against Rice this year, swept a 2 game series from Cal State-Fullerton, won 2/3 at OU, swept a 2 game series at Texas Tech, and went 3-1 against Texas A&M this year.

5. midtowntiger

midtowntiger Founding Member

Texas #1?

Injuries are part of the game. Plus you guys lost 2 of 3 to Stanford, 2 of 3 to Missouri, & N.C. St. beat you in a dh at your place. The conference tournament is important, as LSU found out all too well. The Pac-10 gets a "free pass" by not having a conference tournament, but Standford probably has as good a claim to the #1 seed as does Texas.

6. SiberianTiger

SiberianTiger Founding Member

Most surprising to me Rice getting the #6 overall seed

They have lost a few games recently though and I think A&M could take them if they don't lose to Lamar in their first game.

7. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

midtown, they weren't injured. They were suspended for the Big 12 tournament.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

Can someone please explain to me the LSU / Rice scenario. I can't make any sense of this at all from any point of view. I'm completely in the dark as to why they would make it so that both of these teams can't end up in Omaha. This seems very shady to me.

9. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

I thought you knew everything?

10. BB

BB Founding Member

And I thought you were going to work on ADDING to discussions.