LSU is playing in UCLA Regional

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, May 31, 2010.

1. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

I got a feeling there are going to be quite a few SEC teams advancing. How did TCU get that cupcake regional???

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

that is where i thought/was hoping we would go. arizona, who is closer to ucla is at tcu while we get sent to ucla. :rolleye33:

edit: i wasnt thinking about conferences so zona couldnt get sent to ucla. but, imo, we still got screwed.

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

SEC gets 8 teams in!!!

Surprised to see ULaLa make it instead of Southeastern

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Meanwhile, Alabama gets sent to Atlanta.

5. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

This really sucks for us. I was really hopping for TCU. Were not going to hardly any fans there now.

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I had a feeling they would send us as far away as possible. The NCAA is so full of crap when they talk about so-called "regional" play. Remember when the basketball team had to go west and play at the two highest elevations one year?

They essentially made it impossible for most Tiger fans to travel. I'm hoping those able to attend make more noise than everyone else combined.

Geaux Tigers! Let's take three in the land of fruits and nuts!

***Hopefully Tiger fans in L.A. will also get to enjoy USC getting slammed with penalties on Friday. I'm not real confident the NCAA will hold them accountable as they're bigger criminals.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this. i said in an earlier thread that the "close to home" was just lip service a lot of the time. :mad:

8. SonnyLoco

DUDE....it'll sound like the BOX over there. It doesn't matter if we play in Alaska...fans come out of the woodworks. Actually...our baseball team has fans from all over the country. Since the days of Geauxrilla ball we established a fan base nationally.

There are people in Omaha that wear LSU jerseys even if we aren't there...and all of em aren't from Louisiana.

I believe the only reason we didn't host as a #2 like UConn did is because the NCAA knows we will show up....and show out. We travel better than any other team...PERIOD. Remember the Tennessee series? I was embarrassed for the Vols players...I woulda quit and transferred to LSU right then and there.

ALTHOUGH...even though we travel...I would have thought our stadium alone woulda got us what Uconn got.

Did anyone see the conference tourney "ship game Uconn played against St Johns during the LSU rain delay?? There was like 21 people in the bleachers.....gimme a friggin break. Fla State has to be PISSED!!:wave:

9. SonnyLoco

Rice never travels more than a half a days drive. HOW???

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

If... LSU and Stanford each win their regional, who will host the Super Regional?