LSU is playing in UCLA Regional

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, May 31, 2010.

1. Pringle

Pringle FUSC and FND

Are you being serious? UCONN got a regional to expand the game and bring a regional somewhere its never been, obviously the game doesnt need to be expanded here. They made that quite obvious. We didn't earn the regional and we can't complain that we didn't get it.

But as far as LSU going to the west coast, that is a bit insane. Send us to Miami, Louisville, TCU, etc. anywhere without a SEC team hosting within 1000 miles, especially because when we win we still have to play out west if CSF wins. All those years we had to play Rice and Tulane when they were sooo good because they were close to us. Not hosting and having 4 SEC hosting is what really screwed us, because rightly so they don't want us to play each other again like we have all year. And I realize that they have sent UCI here recently when that was a long trip for them and I respect the fact that it does happen and its not them singling out LSU to screw us, its just unfortunate.

2. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

The only good thing I can think of about us going west is my daughter who was very thankful to the selection committee will get to go to the games as she lives in LA.:grin:

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Well, they have sent California teams to the LSU regional before. Bet UCLA is groaning.

4. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

DUDE...chill out...I didn't say we were screwed...I didn't think we deserved one...but check how many people will be in those stands ($$$) as oppossed to if it was in Tallahassee. There were 12 people in the stands in Uconn's conference championship.

Good for UConn...and all 45 fans.

5. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

The TCU, Oklahoma, or even the Ga Tech regionals would have been SWWEEETTT....

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Have to win the games somewhere/somehow to win the championship. May as well start in Los Angeles. And you're right, even here in BR we have had countless California teams participate in our regionals.

7. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I am sure UCLA is probably more distressed than LSU. Who in their right mind would want us in their bracket?

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Nah man. That place will be rocking and filled to capacity of 1250!

[​IMG]

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

out of curiousity, who from the sec is on the selection committee?

10. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Gee, I guess one has to bring one's own lawn chair.