LSU Jersey

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Jun 30, 2006.

1. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

An actual game jersey, I have found, is very uncomfortable unless you're wearing shoulder pads. As far as "replicas" go, there's a good one made by Nike: http://www.allprofootballjerseys.com/lsutincrefoj1.html

Now here's a really nice authentic replica from eBay:

[​IMG]

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

thanks for your input, but neither of those are "authentic". for instance, they lack the twilled numbers and logos and the stripe on the shoulder is a full stripe. the only "authentic replica" i've found so far is at footballfanatics.com and they are out of stock.

3. LSUDeek

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I wouldn't call that JR jersey authentic. It has those cheap iron on numbers and stripes. I got a Skyler #5 jersey off e-bay las year that has the cloth #'s and stripes sewn on. It's made by Russel, so it doesn't have the Nike swoosh, but it's closer to authentic than anything I've seen online lately.

5. LSUDeek

yeah, it's not like that #7 from football fanatics with twill numbers. well, it is as "authentic" as you are going to get i guess.

it sucks that the only place you can find half way decent jerseys is ebay. i blame the athletic dept.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

You should blame Les Miles. He has been here for over a year and has shown he can not fix this problem. I am sure Nick Saban would have. :yelwink2:

7. ssand

ssand Freshman

I picked up an authentic Kyle Williams jersey at the TAF Tiger Tour here in Jackson earlier this month. The real Nike deal, SEC emblem and all. Signed by Les Miles. It was a silent auction and I was the only bidder. Got it for the opening bid of $150. Couldn't have worked out better for me because Kyle has been my favorite player the past couple of years. :thumb:

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

LSUDeek is clearly the TF.com jersey expert.

Why would the athletic dept. not allow jersey sales?? Seems like a great revenue stream, and would help getting some consistent colors in the stands.

9. razer

razer unregistered offender

this is actually the style left over from the Kevin Faulk years (the first jersey like this one that came out was a #3) and for whatever reason, Nike just stayed with this style instead of converting to the new half stripe. the number 7, when it first came out in the Nike jersey, was worn by James Gillyard who was a DE at the same time as Gabe Northern. I think Nike just decided to stick with the 7 as a general issue LSU jersey number. I'm pretty sure that Nike came out with 2 different jersey numbers each of the se years, one was an offensive player and the other a defensive player although I don't remember who the defensive player was in the Faulk jersey year (BoogerMcFarland maybe) and can't remember who the offensive player was when the Gillyard jersey came out, although it could have been Faulk two years in a row. thats the way I remember it. anyone else?

[​IMG]

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I have a #43 (Tommy Banks) jersey like these.

My 4-year old son has a #25