LSU/Kentucky Overtime Questions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 12, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We're not trying to change your mind. We're trying to tell you to **** OFF!

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

That's because you just don't know when to shut up. You're almost like a Democrat in that regard.

Here's a hint for you, TE...WE ALL KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT JOHN BRADY - IT HAS BEEN DULY NOTED.

Dude, you really should get out more.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

speaking of Jedi Mind Tricks, I took my kids to see Robots today, and saw the new Star Wars trailer before the movie.

AWESOME!!!!!!!

for LSU purposes (and this thread)......

TE is the Emperor, trying to convert all of you to the Anti Brady Side
    I have not figured out who is Anikin Skywalker yet...nobody seems to want to follow TE
    SabanFan, Grad, Gman are Obi Wan, Yoda, and whoever another Jedi Master is....fighting for the Brady side.

damn this is good stuff...... :geauxtige

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I enjoy most of TE's posts.......

Why in the world are you guys even responding to this? John Brady has done an amazing job coaching this team. We started 6-5 and ended up 20-9.

Congrats to Brady and his players........

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

CRAWFISH, you've changed your tune back now?

Mesquite seems to be the only one on this site that has ever "gotten" me and motivates me...

But, what the hell...

As for those of you who suggest I get out more, fear not...I'm off to dinner at the girlfriend's parents house...So fire away with some pithy remarks about that...and have fun demeaning and belittling me...

Again, I'll say it...JB ain't the answer, but it's okay...I'm an LSU fan, all the way!

I'm a poet, didn't even know it!

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I second that Crawfish, I have to tip my hat to Brady and his players or whoever else
    is responsible for 1 heck of a year.
    I'm just sorry I couldn't keep up with it better or enjoy it.
    Bad timing!!!!!!!!!!
    As some of you know I have a newborn baby girl in the hospital.
    Its like a rollercoster, good days and bad.

No responses to me, keep it about the team, just for those who wonder where I've been.

7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Now that the game is over, and LSU had a near win, can we think of something more positive? You really have to give the team credit for what they have been able to achieve. What really matters now is that they continue to play well in the NCAA tournament, and that this game is a confidence builder. The outcome of this game could have have either way, but that's sports. Actually, going into the NCAA tournament with a lower seed might give the players more motivation and less pressure and expectation. But that's just my theory.
    ________
    BUDDHISM FORUM

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

My phone hasn't stopped ringing with all of my friends who are Kentucky fans expressing their SINCERE respect for the Tigers and amazement that UK won. They know the better team today did NOT win ...If BB hits his foul shots it doesn't matter anyway. This loss will help this team grow even more hungry...Next time Tac dishes the ball

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Well, as someone who has supported JB from the beginning of the season, I'll say that he has done a great job. He and the players have turned this thing into and exciting product. TE, I agree with you that Tack is erratic. I was pissed off when that last shot was fired up by Tack. But, after I thought about it, it was still a great game. I dont think that the first thing in tacks mind was to go be the hero. I think that in the heat of the moment he thought he had the lane. Granted, he should have kicked the ball out. He did that a few times that caused TO's. He penetrates to deep then gets caught. Plus, he shot to many 3's toward the end for a guy who hadnt hit any. I still think he needs to understand he's not the primary scorer. Having said that, the guy busts his ass on the court and seems to have a genuine love of the game. I can forgive him for this one instance.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think the proper thing to do would be to get the ball to half court and then call TO with like 4 seconds left. But hindsight is 20/20 and if Tack makes it Brady is a genius for letting his most creative player make a play with the ball against a fragmented defense.

Was Jim Harrick a genius or a goat for not calling a TO when Tyus Edney took it coast to coast against Mizzou to win? Just because the results weren't in your favor, it doesn't mean that the wrong decision was made.