LSU/Kentucky Overtime Questions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 12, 2005.

1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Myself, I think that they should had Bass take it down again, or Tack should have dished out, when he went up he had 3 UK players in his face, and rather than a shot.

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I have discovered the secret to enjoying TE's posts. Skip over them and read the each response. The thread moves quickly, it's much more ecucational, and you get a few chuckles. LOL

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I'd give you rep points for that but it wont let me give you anymore! LOL :thumb:

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

The answer is, we are going to the Dance next week. So you keep "espousing" and being an "enabler", maybe your little change will buy Brady a steak dinner next week. The more you ramble on about the coach, the more I think that coed you talk about JB ****ing was your ol lady.

[​IMG]

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well the timeout should have been called. I think that part is a no-brainer. Now had Tack drove the length of the floor only to dish off to a wide open Hudson and we took a great last shot to try and win it, then I would have no problems and would have figured that it was a designed play. But for Tack to run the length of the floor only to find himself trying to shoot over Hayes in the lane, that just can't be a designed play. It was really a futile attempt at trying to score. In this instance a timout surely should have been called. It's funny I had remarked in the official game thread about how Tack Minor has got to get better in decision making late in ballgames. I just didn't know it would come back to bite us so badly.

Even with the great play and effort by LSU in this game, I think these questions are legitimate. LSU needs to learn from this, as it is likely LSU could find itself in the exact same situation in the 2nd round of the tourney.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Come on...it's not Tacks fault. It was heat of battle and during that time you tend to have tunnel vision. He saw 7 seconds on inbound and drove deep...he figures he got a chance. If he dishes it it may not be in time. He's not looking at the clock, he is thinking he has to take the shot becaue there is no time left. Granted a time out should have been called at half court but the last stopage of play was at the foul with 21 seconds left and Tiger ball and and the lead. Too much to try work out in that much time. I don't think they counted on Davis missing the FT's. He hits them and it's done.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The time-out issue is certainly not a no-brainer. Many of us here disagree and have given our reasons.

How many "dishes" became turnovers in the game? Kentucky plays great defense in the middle and they seem to have 20 hands in there trying to swat passes away. With the little time he had, Tack didn't have many options. Put yourself in that position with the time running down and fans, coaches and players screaming in your direction. Tack is the PG. He's accustomed to handling the ball.

If LSU finds itself in the exact same position in the 2nd round of the tourney, the ball could go into the hoop and suddenly it's "All Hail Tack".

8. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Not to change the subject, but did anyone else notice that Carrot Top has given up his comedy career to play for Georgia Tech?

9. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Carrot Top HAD a career in comedy?