LSU & LA Tech...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Mar 26, 2003.

1. weunice

weunice Freshman

Red, I agree that we will have our hands full. Our coach said that this may be the most talented 10 players on the same team in the country. I trust his judgement of your team. Our defense is going to have to be better than it was in the first half of our game against OSU if we plan to get past the next round. I hear OSU is good, but I do not think they are near as good as LSU and I think we played tougher WAC games during the season.

LSU has talent pouring out of every orifice and is capable of shooting lights out, or so my friends from UWGB say. I am definately not looking past this game ...

To others ... yes, there should be a home and home. I do not want the selection committee to give us any more lame excuses for making us a 5 next season. Adding LSU to the schedule will help us both out in the attendance department and it will help Tech out on the schedule department.

Home and home C-Tel, Baton Rouge ... 10k+ at each site. We played Tennessee twice in one season :)

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Nice of you to finally come over Eunice. You're always welcome on this board. We'd especially like you to come over this fall and exchange "friendly banter" about the Tech/LSU football game coming up next season.

But more to the issue at hand. Yes, the Lady Techsters have an impressive resume. But, like Red said, that won't mean jack on the floor this weekend. While I know we will have our hands full with the Lady Techsters, I see LSU as having the advantage in every category except low-post play. If Cheryl Ford plays like she is capable of playing, we are in for a long night. We probably can't stop her, so we may just try to contain her with Detrina White whilst making sure your other four players don't hurt us very much.

Ya'll, on the other hand, are going to have to figure out how to stop Tameka Johnson (despite her injuries, she can still play well) and Seimone Augustus. And you guys are down to eight players. We have greater depth.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Welcome to the board, weunice. Stick around - we discuss just about anything and everything around here.

4. weunice

weunice Freshman

I read from a Lady Tiger fan on the ESPN board that you might guard 1 on 1 in the post. Not that I am going to suggest a different game plan, but this hasn't been done against us all season. Good luck if that is the case. The last thing you want is for Cheryl Ford to get hot because if her confidence is high, we all of the sudden can defend the Lakers and shoot like Pete M.

That said, I know how well your girls can shoot from the outside ... and inside. That shot percentage in the UWGB game was unreal. I wouldn't expect that this game however if it gets to where we are trading 2's for 3's that will be to your advantage.

Lots of folks are excited about this game and the fans have seemed very cordial. I like it. I am very worried about this game but I think we can pull it out and do Louisiana proud against Texas/Minn. Go TECHSTERS!!

I will be back for football BTW. I worry about our team, particularly the coaching. If our coaching staff has learned from the even year debacles we will not go away quickly and do not be surprised to see your fans still standing there in the 4th starting to really worry about the outcome of this "easy" game. We've done it before and we are due for a big road win. Might as well be in Baton Rouge.

2 losses ain't bad for a rebuilding year eh? :)

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I checked out BB&B. The only issue I take exception with is the crap about Temeka's injury giving us a built in excuse if we lose. At the same time, it was difficult to find a Tech post that didn't bring up the "we're down to 8 players" card.

6. weunice

weunice Freshman

SabanFan, you need to remember that Louisiana Tech fans suffer from the same affliction that most fans suffer from. Its called blind optimism. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen big conference teams come into a game with us, even in womens basketball, stating that they were going to have their way with our team because they played a tough schedule, or whatnot. That is particularly amazing in womens hoops because no team has ever beaten us in Ruston in the tournament. Yet, every year we hear the same "clock is ticking" rants from fans of schools like Notre Dame and UCLA. Then when one of their conference mates leaves with a humbling loss, they call it a fluke. Then we get the obligatory aricle written by some sore sportswriter from the North complaining about the filthy conditions in Louisiana, the moronic southerners and the rats ... nevermind the fact that those of us that attended Tech for 4+ :) years never saw any of that. See Penn State massacre a few years back ... the articles were amusing.

This game will be on a neutral floor ... very neutral. No advantage either way.

When you see folks making excuses before the game, I think it is more a sign that they are afraid of this matchup. It stinks to be playing LSU because they are one of the hottest teams in the country. It stinks to play us because the problems we had early in the season with guard play are pretty much solved and our post play has become a nightmare for just about any team to stop.

It will be a great game featuring two HOT teams. That is all you can ask for in a game of this magnitude and I expect it to be an epic battle.

GO TECHSTERS!!!

7. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

The Lady Tigers are gonna make the Lady Techsters their bitches.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My point was (and this applies only to a handful of posters) if you are going to critcize one set of fans for something, don't do the same thing yourself. Or was that an obvious point? :)

9. weunice

weunice Freshman

Just an example of "blind optimism" gone awry. My point is that it is pointless to get upset at what folks say on other forums ... Most fans are clueless about the competition.

10. GoTECHGo

GoTECHGo Freshman

I saw this forum on the BB&B site, I am impressed with the site. Although this game is a mistake of whoever makes up the brackets, I think they could have done something to bring 2 Louisiana teams closer to home. They knew they were going to eventually match up, I mean two of the top 10 teams in the nation, both from the great state of Louisiana, and in the same regional bracket. GET A CLUE BRACKET MAKERS!! Well I am in deep depression that I have to watch the game on TV instead of being there, but I wish good luck to the Tigers and may the best team win. Go Techsters!!!