LSU Lady Tigers SOUNDLY beat Tenn. 68-58

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Feb 10, 2005.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

Score was closer than the game was over the last 10 minutes. Tenn. had a 1pt lead at half time, but in the 2nd half Tenn's offense was really shut down and they were forced to rely on long, wild 3 pointers that amazingly kept banking, toilet flusing in to keep them in touch. Fowles and Augustus took over in the 2nd half.

2. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I thought they looked tight the first half but played much better the second half.

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

That was a great game. I'm not much of a basketball fan, but really enjoyed it.

4. louisianavol

louisianavol Founding Member

Great game guys!!!! (and gals!) Hope to meet up again in the tourney!!! This looks like the year for LSU but ya cant ever count Pat out. Somehow she pulls things out in the end!!! Yall are hot though!!!!!

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Pat has been coaching at Tenn for 31 years. She's a GIANT in her sport. You can't ever count her out.

Ya gotta love the coach named "Pokey", though, oui?

6. louisianavol

louisianavol Founding Member

I love the name!!!! I really like her, she's got spunk!!!! If we cant win it this year, I hope you do!!!!! Anyone but Pukeon.....Its time for change!!! :cool:

7. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

just back from the game... Nice win Tigers! More impressively - nice crowd - PMAC record. My seats were right on the edge of the student section...I saw Big Baby, Ross, Antonio and Paul...I couldn't help but wonder how they felt. What would it take to get crowds like this back again and make it "The Deaf Dome".

Maybe LSU should cut prices to a men's game - the Lady Tigers have filled the PMAC twice this year. Side note - Sylvia Fowles - my gosh..this chick reminds me of Kevin Garnett - 6'5"!!

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Fowles is a lot bigger in person. She had 5 clean blocks and altered at least a dozen shots. With Temeka, Seimone and Sylvia, I don't see how this team can lose. But, gotta give props to Holsten. She nutted up at the right time.

9. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

Is it just me or does Temeka remind you Tack. Very out of control.

10. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

We could only wish for that to be true.