LSU Lady Tigers SOUNDLY beat Tenn. 68-58

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Feb 10, 2005.

1. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Temeka reminds me of Tim Hardaway

Augustus= Rudy Macklin

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Augustus reminds me of Macklin too in the way she cans all those midrange jumpers, but she is much more athletic. The first half was way to sloopy but was kind of the feeling out period, the second half the girls relaxed and did what they know how to do. The end of the game Tameka did the same thing she did at the final four, trying to break the press by dribbling between players and that was not good. But she made a lot of excellent passes throughout the game. I loved the way LSU handled the pressure at the half court line during the course of the game with Hotson staying in the backcourt on the other side, a very smart move. UT uses that defense to much success vs other teams.

Sylvia was so dominant last night, incredible. She will be the best big women in the game the next 3 years I bet. Very athletic for a lady her size. We need more rebounding help on both ends against a team like UT though. No way we can let a team get about 20 off rebounds, we were lucky the Vols missed most of their second chance shots. Big Sylvia can't fight the battle alone.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That was my only problem with the Lady Tigers last night. Tennessee flat out-hustled us on all of the loose balls. Their offensive rebounding in the 1st half was due to our failure to block out. Sylvia Fowles took care of that in the 2nd half.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It was a good game, and I was proud of our women's team. Maybe this is their year to bring LSU yet another national championship in yet another sport!

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That must have been the first time you saw her play.

6. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

Two comments/thoughts:

1. Congrats to the Lady Tigers...I'm proud of the way they played. Very deserving of their ranking.

2. Does anyone else think #25 for Tennessee (Brittany Jackson) is hot? ;)

7. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Uhhhhh, ya think?

[​IMG]

8. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

That's a VERY bad picture of her. I'm not saying she's Playboy material...just pretty IMO.

[​IMG]

9. MCab

MCab Founding Member

I think she's sick gorgeous.

I watched the game on ESPN, and got an ulcer with that first half, especially that last second VOLS 3-pointer.

I have to agree, Tack and Tameka are alike (although the only mens game I saw this year was Wednesday nights; Glen Davis is going pro). Both like to drive the ball in and make hasty plays (bad). When both dish the ball out, then magic happens. I've been following the Lady Tigers since last year, and Tameka needs to "Think Simeone" when she has the ball.

Does Tameka ever get called for palming or travelling with that high dribble of hers? Don't get me wrong, I think she's an awesome point guard.

Hoston was on fire with the 3-pointers.

Stopping the fast break was key to their defense.

Peace,

MCab

10. philter

philter Founding Member

Women athletes are 1 level hotter than they otherwise would be if they were just average students imo.