LSU License plates in TN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TN Tiger, Jan 18, 2005.

1. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

I notice that we have a lot of LSU fans posting here that live in TN. Does anyone know if there has ever been an effort to get the LSU personalized plates here? I know that about every other SEC University has them but not us. The deal is they cost about $25.00 extra each year, but the majority of that $$ would go to LSU.

I would love to see if an effort has been made, if not I may see what we need to do to get it started. The way I understand, we would have to get a certain number of people signed up who would commit to them before they would go into production.
    :geauxtigs

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Don't know about TN, but I'm ticked that you can't get them here anymore. Stupid lawsuit has all of the special plates suspended until the matter is cleared.

3. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

Sign me up!! I keep asking about them and they look at me like... um... well dumb hillbillies that don't understand english. I had one lady tell me they don't do that for any school but UT. Nevermind the fact that I see several everyday with oldbarn on them!

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I inquired with the state a while back. We'd need 1,000 people to commit to purchase the plates. I guess there are three of us now...4 if you count MSully over in Nashville. Honestly, we need to see if there are any LSU Alumni associations in Tennessee and get this thing done. I already get a specialty plate (Friends of the Great Smoky Mountains) but I would gladly trade it for an LSU plate. Hey, my wife's car would still have one for the FotGSM...so I wouldn't feel so badly.

5. claz

claz Founding Member

I asked about a year ago when I was getting a new plate here in memphis and heard the same thing about needing 1,000 people. I asked if there was a list that I could add my name to and was told there was not.

6. UF96NC

UF96NC Founding Member

7. Tennessee Robb

Tennessee Robb Founding Member

I make six!

8. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

Good deal, I'll start with the six of us and work from there. I will contact some of the alumni chapters and see if they are working on them or can help.

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep you all informed! I know that UK, Fla., Ole Miss, MSU, Vandy, UT, Auburn, Bama, Purdue, Clemson, VA Tech, and several others have them already.
    :geauxtigs

9. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

If Mississippi State has one, we MUST get one. It's a matter of honor and pride!

10. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

We almost had one in 2001(?) but we missed the deadline before the new bill was passed(1000-$25 deposits). Needless to say, it was heartbeaking when I got my check back with the bad news.

LSUNashville.com(outdated and overrated)