LSU logo challenge

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Aug 23, 2003.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I noticed quite a bit of disappointment in LSU's new logo by my fellow posters on this board.
    I really don't have a problem with the new logo except for the fact that some yankee in New York got a big wad of cash to come up with it. (not saying I love it, but I am ok with it.)

I still feel pride anytime I see the letters LSU in purple and gold.

I have also noticed that there are some talented graphic designers that post on this board.

I propose that everyone (That applies) come up with an LSU logo that they think should be the official logo and post them here. After all of the entries are in, we can put them on a poll on this board and let all of us vote on it.

After everyone votes, maybe we can talk Brett into using it as this forums official logo.

(Just a thought)

2. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

(Just a bad thought)

3. Personally I hate the new logo. It doesnt make me like LSU any less and I dont think they they were stupid for coming up with it or anything. I just like the simplicity, recognition and effectiveness of the tiger head on the helmets. If it were up to me we would use that yellow tiger head on a purple background and that would be it. It's simple and has a certain intimidation factor on its own.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

The new logo doesn't strike fear like the helmet logo--I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it looks like the tiger is playing with a ball of yarn.