LSU-LSU-LSU-LSU-LSU-LSU-LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FOREVER LSU, Jul 2, 2003.

1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I remember walking out of LSU stadium that night and thinking, wow. I remember the small section of UAB fans going ape that night after the game...lol

2. LSUGeauxTigers1

LSUGeauxTigers1 Founding Member

This past year was my first experience of LSU football. My first game ever was LSU vs. South Carolina. I didn't know what to expect at first. We tailgated all day and then the people I was with said we had to get to the stadium to see the band walk down the hill. Oh man, when they hit the first note of the fight song and the crowd started going crazy I got chill bumps all over. When we got inside and found our seat and I looked around and took everything in, I was in awe. When Mike The Tiger came around the field and stopped and he roared...chills again. Football team comes out under the posts...chills again. That is one night I will never forget. Marcus Randall was making his first start that night and LSU won. We tailgated after the game untill about 2 or 3. (Or until we floated all the kegs) I went to as many games as I could after that. It also got me into LSU baseball. I follow everything to do with LSU. Football, baseball, baseketball, etc. I can officially say I AM obsessed with LSU. GEAUX TIGERS!! (Counting the days and hours until kickoff)

3. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

The good thing is that those "chill bumps" always happen. Whether it is your first game, or your 50th game, or your 112th game.

Ya gotta love it.

4. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

True dat Joe. You don't have to be a coon-ass to get those frissons (cajun-french for chill bumps)either.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

There is no better feeling than walking up the ramp and stepping out of the tunnel for the first time every Saturday with the band blaring and watching the teams warm up. Great time to socialize and soak up the atmosphere.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The people in front of me that night (older couple, season ticket holders) left in the FIRST QUARTER. I guess they knew something. On the way home, Saban's wife was on the post game radio show promoting something for the next game (Tennessee). I said to myself, sarcastically, right, you'll really have a great crowd after this pathetic showing. Well, the rest is history. ***CAVEAT***My memory fails me quite frequently so feel free to correct me if I'm confusing it with another game.

7. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

You're right, SabanFan -- the UAB loss was the week before the Tennessee win in Tiger Stadium in 2000.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm the MAN!