LSU May have Matchup Problems With IONA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Mar 14, 2006.

1. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

Good maybe they can do something.

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Golfer, it is always polite conversation to ask a golfer what his handicap is... but, in your case, the answer is obvious.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

my impression (not fact based) is that GT is the worst of the three guards on the team. that may be expected because he isnt a point and he is young. i also think BV has more potential as a ball-handler and passer.

analysis of the stats on ken pomeroy's website http://www.kenpom.com/sr.php?team=Louisiana%20St.

shows that GT has a high TOR 29.8%--turnover rate (basically t.o.s per personal possession--not sure how they come up with personal possessions), but BV has a higher one. obsenely high--53.6%
    of course, as the site explains, point guards always have higher TOR and players that dont handle the ball much or pass much have an artificially low one.

4. train

train Founding Member

No chance against the Cuse. That is a pretty bold statement to make against a 14-2 outright SEC champ basketball team. True, LSU has struggled against the zone, but NO CHANCE........ Man, what is wrong with you!!!??? Some of the stuff you say I agree with, but LSUGOLFER not only do they have a chance but LSU is going to be in the sweet sixteen. You can book it.

5. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

lmao at "you can book it". im on the night i love that stuff.

6. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

BTW...90% of the time, Izzo plays 1/2 ct. man-to-man, never presses, and plays a 2-3 on a BLOB.

7. train

train Founding Member

LSUGOLFER I dont know what your problem is, I mean our backcourt has handled pressure pretty well. I tell you what I would rather have Temple in the game than Tack are Voogd. LSU didn't get to 14-2 with horrible ball handling from their 2 guard, and if you watched the games Temple has been bringing the ball just as much as D-Mitch. Hey, Tack are Voogd is not what you want in the heat. You want a guard that knows who is suppose to be getting the ball at the right time and Temple will give you that. No he is not as quick or flashy and he wont make a fan say "Did you see that behind the bak pass?" but Temple will help you win and get a 14-2 record. Just b/c you are quick and flashy doesn't mean you make the right decisions with the ball. Thats the difference in street ball and college basketball.
    Simple Terms: 3 times out of 10 Voogd and Tack will do something on the court that nobody else can do, but the other 7 times you will be thinking what the hell are they doing. Now, Temple 6 times out of ten he will make the right decision and somethin positive will happen and you wont remember it b/c its not flashy but it works. I would rather have 6 positive blue collar plays than 3 flashy plays. Thats Temple rather than Tack are Voogd, and that is one of the reasons we were 14-2 this season. LSU beats the Cuse!! Sweet Sixteen here we come:thumb:

8. LSUGOLFER

Im a +2.

9. LSUGOLFER

Temple has brought it up sometimes when there is a face guard on Mitch. And this is when we turn it over.

10. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

lame