LSU Men's Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Apr 3, 2006.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

LSU Men's Basketball gets embarrassed again in the tourney; I think every exit Brady has had in the tourney has been terrible. All I could do is laugh after the first half; we couldn't do a damn thing. I hate to see D Mitchell go out like that. Thanks for the memories. Brady has still earned a raise and an extension, but I wouldn't loosen the rope too much. I couldn't stand the constant media echo about Hurricane Katrina, even at the outset of the game it really came off as a ploy for sympathy. It doesn't need to be repeated ad nauseum, even if there is some truth to it.

I'm probably coming off a bit negative, so I want to say that I can't imagine either Thomas or Davis will be leaving for the pros after this game; their stock has cooled off a bit and I think they probably have a hunger seeded in the pits of their stomachs - the tapeworms want them to come out next season hungrier than ever, with an unsatiable appetite that will equal wins for this basketball team. Getting to the final 4 and losing the way they did, and considering the mettle of these players, I see our team coming out next season wanting more, wanting it all. I think we'll be a powerful force, and Brady will lead us to another strong season, with a little more experience, and a few more tools to work with.

This loss sucked, but that just means, for this team, it is time to get pissed off. :geauxtige

Women's Basketball - What will Pokey do without Seimone?

Baseball - I hear alot of moaning and groaning. I'm not too excited about bball of the diamond variety, but I hate to see our proud tradition dwindling.

Football - Let's see what football under Miles is really about, after a hit and miss first season.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Embarassed in the tourney? Getting to the FINAL FOUR is embarassing?

whatever!

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

if we should be embrassed, i guess the hundreds of teams that didnt make the final four are virtually suicidal.

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I'm sure he's talking about the way they played in the semi-final game:thumb:

It is odd how our history of exiting the NCAA tourney hasn't been so nice.

Wisconsin, Purdue, UAB and UCLA.....

oh well, I'm very pleased we made it to the Final 4...

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Agreed.

6. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

It's a fact that every tournament under Brady has ended in a game in which we didn't even look competitive. Brady has done a good job overall and I don't want to linger on negative stuff -- we have a GREAT group coming back next year and will do big things -- but this pattern does annoy me. It's not like we're alone, Donovan at Florida has sandwiched title games around a similar pattern of late season collapses and early NCAA exits. Gottfried has what, one decent run and not much else to write home about.

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I dont know what it takes to please some people.

I am dissapointed with our loss in Basketball but overall i think our programs are all doing well.

From now on if a coach doesnt win the NC every year they should be fired i say. Fired.

Sometimes the chips just dont fall your way. The ball bounces funny in all sports sometimes. Big Baby normally makes most of those shots he missed. If he shoots 14-17 instead of 5-17 it is a totally different game and UCLA isnt getting praised for their defense but is being sent home because of it. I thought our guys played hard for the most part they just got discouraged . Hell i would have too because it just wasnt our night.

Experience is a great teacher. We are young and there are no gaurantee's but i wouldnt be surprised to see us back deep in the tourney next year.

Look at our programs as half full. Be positive and i am really looking forward to our teams next year.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CalcoTiger again.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

if we get massacred in the final four every year, i can deal with that. it is not so important how you lose your final game, but how far you get.

would you have preferred we lost at the buzzer against texas, so you wouldnt have to deal with the final four loss?

10. TigerMed

TigerMed Founding Member

How was last year a hit and miss?:angryfire To me, hit and miss sounds like we were only average. I'm tired of people complaining about a 2 loss football season. 11-2 with a blowout bowl win over Miami is a record to be proud of, especially in the SEC. People forget how far we have come since 1999. I came to LSU as a student in 2000 during Saban's first year as coach. I remember that an 8-4 record with a bowl win and several big SEC upsets that year was something to be proud of, and we have improved at a steady pace since then.

Miles has done a great job recruiting and won >10 games last season. I think the football program is right where it should be.:geauxtige