LSU Men's Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Apr 3, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Nope, it's beased on reality and how hard it is to win championships and how hard it is to have the type seasons all of these teams had. Guys that bitch about them think it's a birthright to win championships and never have bad games.

Can't help but notice that the first thing you mentioned in your post was 3 straight final fours, like that is a bad thing.:dis:

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

LOL, the responses I got to this were hilarious. Did any of you read past the first sentence? Am I not allowed to vent, voice my opinion, dissent a little. Seriously, you sunshine folks need to take a chill pill and coexist with people who aren't 100% alligned with your point of view. We are on the same team guys.

That last game was embarassing - we never once looked competitive in the game; I didn't say our basketball program was an embarassment, just that last performance. I mean, UCLA didn't look good in the championship game, I'm not saying they had a bad season, and in comparison to UCLA's performance against Florida, LSU looked BAD. Ask the team, ask the coach, I'm sure they were proud of that final performance. Notice a bit down in the post I said, oh well, bad games happen, we had a great season. I would think most people involved with the team took a similar attitude. If I were on that team, that would've been my attitude. You guys are a trip.

I'm proud of the women, I just want to see what Pokey can do with Seimone - she has had the women's MVP every year she's been at LSU. I think that's a valid concern on my part. I'm not saying she can't do it, but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that she can.

I don't really care much for baseball, I may have mildly stronger feelings for baseball than I do gymnastics or track & field. I'm proud of our traditional success, but most reports don't sound optimistic about our future under Smoke.

I'm tired of people getting up in arms about me not feeling like Miles is a sure thing after last season. We had a nice string of wins and a beautiful performance in the bowl game, but if you look past the W-L column, our performance in football was less than exceptional. I make a commentary that is based on things deeper than wins and losses. I'm not calling for Miles' head, but I'm not ready to have his baby. If you think that makes me less of a fan, I can respect you right to an opinion, but I can tell you if Miles were coach at another school, I would fear him somewhere in between Fulmer and Richt. I hold him in the same regard as those two, throw in Carr - in other words, beatable. In a completely unbiased opinion I say that Miles hasn't proven to be an elite coach yet, at least in my mind. Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but I'm throwing it out there anyway because that's what we do here.

I do remember the lean years, in comparison it is a great time to be a tiger. Hell, it is always a great time to be a tiger, but the success is nice. That doesn't mean that I can't have the hunger, the... tapeworms?... to aim higher. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the ride.

:geauxtige We looked terrible against UCLA. If you can't handle the facts, well, I guess you'll fit in fine here. :grin:

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

that sig was a shot at cparso's sig. had nothing to do with LSU or the team's performance.

of course instead of addressing my valid points you choose to "bash the bashers". can't be surprised at this attitude, seems a lot of old folks have it. again, try to argue that lsu women played a complete game in any of their tournament games this year. try to argue that the offense looked anything other than seimone and 4 fence posts.

im happy with the mens season and don't care as much that we laid an egg against ucla because nobody including myself even called anything more than a sweet 16 berth, which is basically what i had. beating texas after a huge duke victory was the icing on the cake for me. i wish we were more competitive but what can you do.

when you are content with that and don't make the necessary improvements and motivation, it is. "happy-to-be-here" syndrome sucks. #1 seeds are expected to compete to win and when you post the all time lowest first half score that's saying something.