LSU/MLB Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 8, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

With what is left I wouldn't be expecting too much. Hopefully, CPM can pull in a transfer, or he is going to be working his butt off in the off season to get what we got to be what we need.:dis:

1 person likes this.
  2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Look for PM to start pushing for decisions within the month and then going out an offering other prospects like he did last year to make up the difference.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

great article in the advocate today.

Delino DeShields and Cam Bedrosian are gone, but Zach Lee is a weekend starter, so that's good. there are also a couple of guys who had some injuries and that should REALLY help out. one of them, Garin Cecchini, was a first-round guy for sure before he got hurt. he also gave one of the more promising quotes from a player that i've read in a few years:

and about not being promised a starting position by CPM:

yeah, i'm all smiles. but it gets better, too:

of course you can never be sure of how prospects will pan out, but at least it's a bit of good news to ease the pain of this season. you hate to say that injuries are a good thing to a prospect, but in LSU's case, it sure is a blessing. :redface:

2theadvocate.com | Sports | Mainieri not relaxing just yet — Baton Rouge, LA

there is also a little snippet on ryan eades:

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/96533889.html?showAll=y&c=y

4. bhelmLSU

Gibbs signed with Cubs

5. bhelmLSU

Full Count Report: Sox draftee Ranaudo wants top 10 bonus

I still think he has to sign given he will have no leverage after next year and the Red Sox have the money to come close to what he is asking for.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

since he's already been drafted and the teams know where he's at scouting-wise, i don't think that the Sox will throw that kind of money at him unless he continues tearing sh!t up in the CCL. but i don't follow that kind of stuff. I love the MLB, but when it comes to pro-signing bonuses and stuff like that, i don't care.

i have said it all along that the dude could come back to LSU and be a top 1-3 pick next season. not sure how he handles the situation since he seems to be over his injury, but just think if he did come back. that would be an extra 12-15 wins on the schedule and he'd go down as one of the best pitchers in LSU history. boy, one could only wish on their lucky star. he needs to talk to guys like tim lincecum or stephen strasburg, guys who stayed in college and ended up pretty much going straight to the pros after spending very little time in the minors. it's up to AR to decide if he wants to spend the next year in the minors or at LSU with a chance to win another title. of course if he keeps pitching as well as he is the CCL, he may be able to shoot through the minors pretty quickly. but the Sox aren't really hurting for starting pitching at the moment, but their bullpen is hurting with the (last time i checked) second or third worse ERA in the AL. i don't see AR as a relief pitcher, he's definitely a starter, so who knows.