LSU Moves Up from #19 to #15

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Jul 2, 2003.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I never trust these polls. I still can't figure out why Aubie is #2...

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/6459938

They seem to be thinking that Clayton will be spending a lot of time at safety instead of WR.

2. LSUTiger

LSUTiger Founding Member

Coach Saban has already stated that he thought Clayton was the best DB on the team. I don't remember where I read that though (unles I saw it on the news lol). If I do eventually remember, I'll find the link and post it.

Hopefully within the next couple of years, we'll be saying our best DB is actually a DB. I just hate to hear a coach say that his best DB is a WR. I realize Clayton is an awesome athlete however, I just wish our DB's were so good that the coaches wouldn't even be considering using him as a DB.

Someone needs to step up NOW!! Its been a while since LSU had a truly dominant DB.

3. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Corey Webster is our top rated DB....and he isn't a true DB either. He came in originally as a WR. I remember Jarvis and Howard Green, who were actually my neighbors in college, talking very highly of Corey Webster the Spring before he was converted to DB. They said that he was doing Peter Warrick type things on the field. Then fall comes around and he is one of our new DBs. Wasn't Saban a DB in college and a DB coach in the NFL? I would think he would be focused on these DBs pretty closely.

I'm still waiting for Keron Gordon to step up. Coming out of high school, some had him compared to Deon Sanders. Our players need to start leaving up to their high school hype, if not then, what is the #1 recruiting class really worth?

I can't wait for 8/30/03......7pm.......I hope ULM enjoys their can of whoop ass.

4. The Big Bengal

The Big Bengal Founding Member

Saban has recruited well across the board for the most part since he's been here (and especially last year). When those players get to be upper-classmen, then you'll see a truly deep team and you won't have to be moving people away from their natural positions.

Remember, his first real recruiting class (you can't really count the 2000 class since he got a late start after being hired) will only be redshirt sophomores or true juniors this coming season.

We haven't seen anything yet. Just wait.

5. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

6. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

I have a SEC magazine and Saban did say that Clayton was the best DB and he also said HE WOULD NOT play him at DB this year!!!