LSU mulls neutral-site game at Cotton Bowl (BR Morning Advocate)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, May 23, 2006.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Outstanding! I was concerned that LSU wasn't involved in these Cotton Bowl talks (word is the first matchup we'll see will be Tx A&M-Texas Tech), but it looks like I was wrong.

The city of Dallas would like to see another game played on a different weekend during the Texas State Fair, and common sense tells me one of the two teams would have to be from Texas (duh), and it wouldn't be either Texas or OU (duh).

So, are we looking at Tx A&M? Texas Tech?

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Another thought---2007/next year's schedule could use some sprucing up, with Va Tech the only decent OOC opponent. Hmm...

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

the one thing that stuck out to me in that article was notre dame not wanting to play us.....

4. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Do they plan on renovating the Cotton Bowl? Last time I was there it was dank. A real POS. Plus, Dallas is now a dry county. I cannot imagine it would be all that great for a road trip.

5. jjtsaints

jjtsaints Founding Member

what about Notre Dame playing LSU in New Orleans? that would be freakin sweet

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

The drive to Dallas for a "neutral" site game is not one I would want to make. Not to mention it is all part of a brownosing deal with the cotton bowl.

I'd love to see a game in Houston's Reliant Stadium.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Tha pretty much sums up our weak OOC schedule in most years.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We should have one big opponent per year. There's no reason to schedule 2 big OOC games like that in a single season - it can only hurt us.

Besides, this is mostly in talks for the future from 3 to 12 years from now.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The articles mentions the renovations in store for it, but it said LSU's agreement to play there wasn't reliant on those renovations. Since when is Dallas a dry county?

I went there for the Red River Shootout (UT-OU game) 2 years ago, and absolutely hated Dallas. But if it was against a good opponent I'd be willing to make the roadtrip again.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Hmmm... that's an interesting way to think about it. It seems more than plausable, but it's unfortunate because I don't want LSU playing in the cotton bowl.