LSU mulls neutral-site game at Cotton Bowl (BR Morning Advocate)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, May 23, 2006.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I know I haven't posted much recently, but when did pasting only a teaser and link and not the whole article become policy here?

I notice the link wasn't posted, so I'll edit the edit job done on my post to provide the link---there's plenty more to this article that is now, well, missing that the rest of you might find useful.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/2852821.html

2. swoop

swoop Founding Member

Is it going to be played at 10am also? This sounds like a bad idea. Why play a match up against a good opponent all the way in dallas..

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It's always been the policy. However, it's very difficult to enforce. Especially when fellow mods don't follow the rules. :yelwink2: So I only bother if I see stuff posted from pay sites like ESPN Insider, rivals, scout, etc etc.

Here is some information for you.

> User Agreement <

> Link <

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Since I live in Plano, north of Dallas, I (for one) would love to see this. There are a great many Tiger alums up here--and it would be terrific to really open up a recruiting base in north Texas. Great high school football is played in the area.

Now, the Cotton Bowl is awful, and hopefully the city will actually pony up and start on the "planned" renovations. But the State Fair is a nice attraction.

Dallas is not a dry city. How could the 8th largest city in the U.S. be dry anyway? There is, however, a smoking ban in restaurants. Maybe that's what the dry reference was for?

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

they are renovating the stadium and dallas isn't a dry county. It has dry precents in it but its not dry. around the DB isn't dry.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

It'd be way cool if an LSU-Tx A&M matchup was at night on ABC...but that's probably too much to ask for, eh?

BTW, I agree that the ideal situation would be LSU-A&M at Reliant...especially since I live about 2 miles from the stadium.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Houston would be much better all the way around. Great Tiger fanbase, great recruiting area for the Tigers, easier travel for the students from Baton Rouge, etc.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The game won't necessarily be against a team in Tx, as the article mentions we tried to have talks about having it with Notre Dame.

I really doubt it would be at 10am - the time of the bowl game held there wouldn't be relevent to determining what time the game we play would be.

9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Whatever happenned to the discussions we were having about playing OU? When I saw the headline, that is who I first thought of. Well, since ND can't play us until after 2018.

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Dallas is definitely not a dry county. There are suburbs outside of Dallas that are dry but the city is very much wet. There are 3 decent bar areas: Greenville, Uptown and Deep Elm. I've lived hear for 2 years now and it's not that bad as long as you stay in the city it's self. Lots of places to go out and the restaurants are pretty good if you like Mexican, BBQ, or steak. (I wouldn't attempt the seafood).