LSU mulls neutral-site game at Cotton Bowl (BR Morning Advocate)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, May 23, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

They probably wouldn't give us as good of a deal as the cotton bowl is offering. We want a high profile game, and I bet the cotton bowl is offering us a sweet deal because they need the business.

What I find interesting is that just a day or two after this article, Skip comes out and says there's nothing in it for LSU and we won't be playing a game there... I wonder if something happened, or what.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What is there to particularly like about Dallas? Some of the outer areas are nice, but Dallas itself is not a great city. The roadways are confusing, one of them has like 4 different names. The restaurants? Nothing I can't find in any other decent sized city. The worst drivers I've ever encountered. Not a particularly good bar scene, or all that much to do there. And the Texas State Fair was probably the biggest collection of rednecks I've ever seen - something about all the OU people, in that red, just makes them look extra trashy.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I think Reliant would offer an equally sweet deal if it was against A&M or Texas. TV package would be big and they could charge more for tickets. Other than those two teams, you are probably right.

But I get the feeling a regular season game against one of those teams ain't happening anytime soon. I'm starting to think the OU series will never happen either.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

CParso, I suppose I am kind of coming at this from a different standpoint. I'm a mother of two living in the far northern suburbs, and with the terrific schools, great infrastructure, and beautiful, clean, safe subdivisions, it's a great place to raise a family.

I don't find the roads confusing at all in Dallas. For a big city, it's very easy to find your way around in (once you know that all freeways have a number, like 635, and a name, like LBJ). Otherwise, there are about 16 main streets that run throughout the city all the way into the suburbs, and once you know their order and direction, getting anywhere is a cinch.

For the single person, I can see where it's a bit high-toned probably.

5. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

i was there for the cotton bowl
    it was miserable BEFORE the game. we had horrible seats where we couldnt see the scoreboard because of the over hang. we were in the last row of i think the second tier and had a wind tunnel behind us. not sure waht the weather was but i think we were afraid it mite snow when we were there. other than that, the stadium seemed fine. maybe we just had bad seats. im sure a fall/early winter game would be fine