LSU New Softball Coach Beth Torina

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jun 20, 2011.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Definitely not a big splash hire, an up and comer hire to say the least. I expect this type reaction after what looked like a grand slam hire that falls apart. I'll definitely have to take a wait and see approach with this one, she may end up being great. However on first look it's less than impressive. Anyway, welcome to LSU and I wish her the best of luck.

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It's becoming increasingly difficult to look at these things in isolation with Alleva. Trent's hire is still very much in the air at this point, but on paper Alleva got a good coach at a relative bargain. Then he goes and hires Nikki Caldwell, who seems to be a coach on the rise, but throws the kind of money at her that you would pay an elite coach, and for what kind of return on investment? Whatever buzz women's hoops got from those FF teams is gone, and to justify $700K, Caldwell needs to get LSU back to that form in short order.

Alleva seems to have been half-jilted, half-duped with the Bama situation. Regardless, he is the one ultimately responsible for this mess. But again he was willing to pay elite money. Now we are considerably further down the ladder with this hire, and it makes me wonder if no other established coach wanted the job.

Sorry, but I certainly see nothing in this record to date that justifies a 3-year contract extension. Especially now that he's starting to approach Crowton levels of "bad luck" and a questionable cash grab with game-day parking. At the least, it calls his judgment and business sense into question for someone who runs an AD that generates this much revenue.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

since he's attempted to murder tailgating, everything is now his fault. including JJ's lack of presidential knowledge.

1 person likes this.
  4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I know nothing about women's softball but it seems like there was more enthusiasm for the other coach. I guess we'll see.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Emily Turner?

6. joker

joker Founding Member

I think it has more to do with his railroading of his own students without a shred of evidence and taking the side of a ghetto skank.

F*** Alleva. How he ever got hired at LSU is disgrace.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Have you seen her lately? She had something done to her face and the doctor butchered her up pretty good.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I see her out all the time and I have to disagree. But every time I see her on TV I have some of those same thoughts though.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Well I am going off what I see on the news, and she looks awful on TV. She had something done. I think it is her eyes.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I don't think so but it is like night and day. Weird.