LSU O vs Ole Miss D

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Oct 20, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think its reasonable to assume our D will do "enough" to win this game.

What the game comes down to in my opinion is our O vs their D. A very difficult match-up on likely the best D in the SEC.

All year we run into 9 man fronts. It gets even worse with LF is in the backfield. We are so predictable, you will see 2-3 guys tackle LF. Only when we can wear teams down, teams with little to no depth, do we come alive in the second half. Ole Miss will not wear like Kentucky.

What are the odds that we beat Ole Miss running the ball like last week? My guess, less than 15% chance to beat Ole Miss running like that unless Bo throws 2+ ints.

I think we need Jennings to complete at least 15 passes for us to have a "shot" at winning. This would be around 25-30 passes total. Much different that our 16 pass/game average.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ole Miss run D will be the best LSU has faced all season. If they can't find a good run/pass balance we are just not going to be able to move the chains. Keep the same philosophy that we have seen thus far and there will be lots or 3 and outs. The LSU D is much improved from earlier this season so I believe they will do their job but it takes both O an D to win.

Note to Les Miles: Its not against the law in Louisiana to pass on first down once in a while

shane0911 likes this.