LSU off to 31-8 lead....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Feb 12, 2003.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

not to shabby..

2. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

My guess is that T and TUwho will find something wrong with this game, our team and our coach. Don't count this team out yet.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

That was the best 15 minutes of basketball LSU has played this year. Smothering defense, few turnovers, great coaching, and most importantly great shooting.

4. Jeffinbama

just looked at the box score, we held vandy to no points from the 15 minute mark in the 1st half to 5:31 left in the half. That is incredible defense in the toughest conference in the country. This team deserves better than 4,100 fans. Lord help us at Kentucky though.

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

LSU Wins by 19

Quinn Snyder's team lost to Texas A&M.
    Rick Patinos team lost to Saint Louis.

There are just no good coaches out there.

May as well keep Brady. LOL

6. -T-

-T- Founding Member

Jeff don't comment on the defense if you did not see the game. Remember that this was Vandy. Tigers still played great in the first half. Vandy gave them shots and the tigers hit them. That 27-0 run was a combination of defense and Vandy just playing horrible and missing everything. It did get scary when Vandy cut it to 12 though.

Only real negative things I saw tonight was the tigers getting very sloppy in the 2nd half and Matt Frieji scoring at will on Dupree. I don't know why Dupree couldn't stop him.

7. Jeffinbama

I did listen to the game as I always do and didn't realize that we held them for that long of a period of time. And yes it is Vandy, the same vandy that beat Alabama and Georgia. The same Vandy that had Kentucky by 14 in the first half only to get smushed like everyone else has by them.

I can't recall any team in the SEC holding an opponent to 0 points in a 10 minute stretch this year no matter who the team is.

This season is still alive. Anyone want to wager that Auburn goes 1 for 7 in their remaining games? They have a very difficult schedule remaining and the only easy win will be arkansas at home for them.

MSU will win the west, we still have a shot at finishing 2nd.

8. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

We can still save the season and go to the NCAA Tourney. We need to win some more games before the end of the regular season. Then it is off to the SEC tourney in New Orleans. If we win a couple of those games and move into say the semifinals we have a chance. The tournement is our chance to show us what we got. A good showing here hopefully will sway the selection group in our favor.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

to have a shot at the NCAA we have to get to 8-8. that means winning 5 of last 6. difficult but not impossible.

Auburn, Ark, Ala here - can win those but can lose them easy as well

Kentucky, Ole Miss, Tenn on the road - Ken & Tenn playing very well now. should probably chalk Ken up as a loss. Leaves Ole Miss and Tenn as must wins.

very difficult to achieve. personally i don't think it will happen. the Ole Miss, Ark, and Aub losses eariler this year will be glaring when this season comes to an end. assuming we would have pulled those off would only have to win 2 of last 6.

i think we have to win 3 more to get in the NIT...very much "doable".

10. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

I'm not trying to be mean, but you guys sound rediculous talking about:
    1)how good LSU's defense was against Vandy
    2) possibly finishing 2nd in the west
    3) and possibly going to the NCAA tourny.

Please give me a break! We beat Vanderbilt on our court and that is all we did. Their team is just as bad and as ours and if we had played them in Nashville, they, more than likely, would have kicked our butt. They have beat some good teams this year and so have we, but both teams are very inconsistent and neither one has a chance at the NCAA tourney.

Let's try to be more realistic guys.