LSU off to 31-8 lead....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Feb 12, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

OK. We Suck!!! Feel Better?

2. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

Yes Sabanfan, it does make me feel a little bit better to know that you think we suck too.

I'm sure you were being sarcastic as I am now, but the fact is our basketball team sucks big-time. After all, how many fans attended the game? Not too many. That could be a very good indication that we suck.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You gotta have faith. That's what makes this fun. We finally put a whuppin on someone and our juices are flowing. We are invigorated. "The slump is over" we say. "Bring on Kentucky." If Ky beats us then we say "let's sweep Kansas (St?) at the Box". If we lose at the Box we say, "How 'bout Saban's recruiting?" Accentuate the positive, I say.

4. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

I'm more of a realist, but I get your point. The UK line was a little far fetched, but I get it.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

this team did not suck in the first half last night. they shot lights out.......now no bs about vandy's poor defense. this team had the same open shots that they've had all year long and just happened to hit them last night. they were great in the 1st half and so-so in the 2nd.

Inconsistent play as you point out is the key. this team was "hot" early in the season playing well for a stretch. no reason to think they can't do it again.........but for the final 6 games? i doubt it but it wouldn't surprise me.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

If the team plays as it played last night - knocking down open shots while playing solid shots, and that is a big IF, - then I see no reason why 7-9 is not reasonable and with 8-8 as a goal.

And something that bothers me is that while almost every other team and other sports @ LSU report tickets sold as the attendance for the game. It seems like every article in the paper starts off with "In front of an actual crowd of XXXX,...." You never see a football article for a game against Small State University start off "In Tiger Stadium, with 78,000 actual attendance...."

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Just wanted to move this one back to the top. It's amazing how things can change in just a few weeks. Great job by the coaching staff and players to keep at it when things looked bleak.