LSU Offense vs. Oregon's Defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by laduckfan, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ASD

ASD ASD

Great point here

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

One cannot get "ready" for that mad man. One can only cower and hope that he's gracious enough to leave your head on your shoulders.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

UNC was lucky that it was close. Take away two big plays and they were not close at all.

4. ASD

ASD ASD

Big plays are part of the game and they made a bunch of them. They were missing half the their team(a bunch of big time starters) and were down to something like a 4th or 5th string running back and they're best reciever was out? Pass interference could have been called on the final play but it wasnt which is great for us. I didnt say we werent better. It was the first game and we had problems. All that matters is the final score and whether u think with the exception of a couple plays, "were not close at all" they almost beat us. so what would you say if they had made 3 big plays? Oregon is capable of much more than 2 or 3 big plays

5. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

6. ASD

ASD ASD

The point i was making here is that these games were the last game of the year

7. ASD

ASD ASD

8. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

I did say arguably :)! But all 4 Oregon secondary starters return from a team ranked 7th in the nation in Pass Defense Efficiency at 104 yards per game. (LSU ranked 23rd in 2010 and lost Patrick Peterson). Oregon's D had 21 INT's (2 pick sixes). John Boyett is the guy to look for in the secondary other than All American Cliff Harris.

I agree with the lines. Both teams have quite a bit of talent replacing the 2010 starters. Only time will tell if they'll gel into a cohesive unit. I too am optimistic. It's going to be a great game, it can't get here soon enough!

2 people like this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We're really glad to see you here, rival fans opinions are always interesting. But don't try to start making the rules with 4 posts, OK amigo? We have a lively banter here and visitors don't have to walk on eggshells and worry about being banned. Some us us are more lively than others and you will get used to it. There is a bit of bravado in your boasts about Oregon too, and that's fine. :thumb:

10. ASD

ASD ASD

The only problem I have with these kinds of stats is that you have to go deeper. We didnt jump out big early on anyone really good so we usually were still having to respect both the run and the pass thru the majority of our games. you guys jumped out early on a bunch of your opponents and just poured on the coals. Kudos to ur ducks for that but you know how deceptive that can make the stats look. you shouldnt be punished for that I'm just saying...when u are down 28 in the beginning of the 2nd quarter everyone and their grandmaw knows what you are going to do and that makes it difficult. No disrespect at all but the bottom line is Auburn showed up and it was a 60 minute game. That is everyday life in the SEC.
    I know how that might sound but it just is that way. who really thinks that because of those stats that Oregons D was really 16 spots higher than our D? wierd way to put it but u know what I mean. A high powered offense can make another team one dimentional. our offense was TERRIBLE and our D was still good enough for 11-2. Both losses by 1 TD.