LSU Offense vs. Oregon's Defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by laduckfan, Jun 7, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There are many factors that enter into a championship year. Talent, skill, schedule, coaching, intangibles, and luck. It has always been this way. You have to be good in every category.

Why isn't your coach lucky?

2. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

He's lucky, but hasn't needed to pull that card to often yet. He's still wet behind the ears compared to Coach Miles! He's not off to a very bad start though. :)

3. CliffHarris

CliffHarris Freshman

Look at common opponents

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

No one is saying that LSU was better than Oregon last year, hoss.

And LSU fans aren't impressed by the finesse PAC-10 offenses. We saw what happened when you faced a decent defense from The Conference.

Nine or ten, huh? Well, if we've had FOUR teams win NC's over the past 5 years. How many has the PAC-10 had? I forget. . .

You realize that you're comparing yourself to Mississippi St., right? Not exactly what you want to hang your hat on.

Those who say that they aren't concerned are either full of it or just don't watch enough football. Anytime you face an opponent who played for the NC the previous year, there is always cause for concern. We should know; we do it nearly every year. The spread gives us fits, so there is more than enough reason to be concerned.

Yeah, well, that was when we had a different coach, you see. . .

5. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

Yeah, Nick Saban was a horrible coach! He'd only won the National Championship the year before. :)

6. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

Every team gives us a heart attack. Its kind of our thing.

Oh, and I took a quick look at the standings. Weren't YOU the little brother in 2004?

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Let's be fair here, LSU played five ranked opponents last season, Oregon played two and one of those was in the NC game. LSU won 60% of those games, Oregon won 50%.

Amigo, you just showed that Oregon fans don't know much about SEC defenses. Four SEC teams ranked in the top 25 in total defense last season (Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia), Oregon ranked #34.

We held them to 24, you seem mighty proud of those 2 points.

Tennessee was not a contender in 2010, they finished 6-7. Six SEC teams were ranked in the final top 25, not including Florida and Tennessee who had off years.

Oregon gets all the respect they have earned, which is a lot. Pardon us if we think that LSU is bringing a damn strong team to the game.

Oregon State lost, chief. Like a lot of teams do. There were no heart attacks.

8. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

Comparing Oregon's D to Mississippi State's D isn't a bad thing. Giving up 19.8 a game isn't bad at all. Of course Oregon gave up 18.6 in a "finesse offense" conference. But considering the average of the other teams in the PAC is 26.2 points...

9. ASD

ASD ASD

I'm sck of the Oregon state stuff. U keep thinking an Oregon state comparison has anything to do with us and u will be sorely dissappointed in the result. We have a squad that is deep and talented that plays SEC football and plays with a chip on their shoulder. We'll see what u have to say when the final whistle blows but I'm throwing it down here. If we win I don't want to hear any excuses. A win is a win is a win. All that matters is the final score. We are the kings of the hill at this point in college football. The proof is in the pudding. Put up or shut up!

10. ASD

ASD ASD

God the more I read the more u ducks fan seem delusional! Did I really just read that ducks fans claimed the lighting was to blame for a close game?!?! If that happened on this board In regards to an LSU game that person would be laughed off the board. U step between the chalk and the game is on. When u throw a bunch of alpha dogs on the field, the nastiest dog will win. If u guys beat us u WILL get props. No excuses. But stop giving lame stats and lame excuses. Turf and lights are not something to bring to this forum