LSU offers Lindsey Scott (QB) from Zachary

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeInLa, Jan 19, 2016.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Anyone notice this? Either it just happened or it slipped by me (sorry if already posted). Seems like another decent kid (of course, they all seem that way at first). Guess we may find out!
    Zachary quarterback lands an LSU football offer

2. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Ack... just saw it posted 40 minutes ago in the LSU News forum LOL
    Anyone know anything about this guy?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Matt Moscona talking about him now. A 5'9",dual threat. Won the 5A title with Zachary

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

5'11"
    Great academically

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

A lot to like about this guy, although not highly rated or top tier talent. However this is the ground level that LSU needs to start at until they prove they deserve a more talented QB. The guy is a winner and could be a great LSU QB if Miles and Cameron don't step on their dick. Unfortunately they are so late to the party he might pass on LSU.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Sure is. He not only threw accurately, on the run and 40 yards downfield, he makes those passes in the soft spots of the defense with precision. Also understands angles in escaping but moves around in pocket and goes through progressions before bolting.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Many around La have been saying for a long time that Miles\Cam should have at least shown interest in this guy so he would be a fall back. LSU has shown ZERO interest in this guy and will really have to hope he doesn't hold a grudge or realize that the offensive staff is really clueless. Should LSU be able to reel in higher ranked candidates? YES! However, this is the type of smart winner that many teams like TCU and Baylor turn into Heisman candidates. How great has Bama's championship QBs been in recent years? Not great at all right? Just smart winners that put their team in position to win. Scott may be exactly what LSU needs, but how do you trust Miles\Cam to know that? How about one less scholly on a kicker\punter and one more for a diamond in the rough lower rated QB that is a smart kid and proven winner? Does that make sense to anyone that is not Les Miles?

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Like it, hope we get him, disappointed in QB handling per usual.

9. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Good stuff right here, agree 100%. Let's hope that Scott isn't holding any grudges and joins the team; but hope more that if he does, Miles and Cam do it right.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Conversely, I read something about Bama's "lower than normal" ranking of recruits. It spoke of lower "Star value" overall. I immediately thought how that didn't mean shyt with Saban cause he recognizes talent. In short, screw the stars and sign talent. If we get talent and they come with stars, great.

Just for the record, I realize the obvious here and don't need someone to chime in on the star system.