LSU offers Lindsey Scott (QB) from Zachary

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeInLa, Jan 19, 2016.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It's already done. They're just saving a few big bombs for signing day. Gives those suits something to raise their champagne glasses for at the recruiting bash. They can go to the office Monday morning and brag about how everyone..... when so-and-so announced LSU.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Wonder if @LSUDad will be there

3. boweswi05

boweswi05 Senior Member

I hope he comes to LSU and cements his legacy in LSU football history. Fact is I think he is too small.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not a fact.

Richdog likes this.
  5. boweswi05

boweswi05 Senior Member

Figure of speech thats only been around for a few hundred years . He is too small. That my story and i'm sticking to it ;)

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Crowton won us a national championship. It's the only season in the Les Miles era that had any ingenuity and imagination to the offense (with a middling QB, mind you). True story.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He's not 5'7" and 148 lbs, for God's sake

Richdog likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Here we go again. You and statistics. Crowton sucked. You supported him because your views get shaped over time by statistics. When he was actually calling plays, there was an occasional play w/imagination, followed by a series of boneheaded plays that would thwart any momentum or flow. Maybe CLM affected that, idk, but Oregon fans said the same thing about his playcalling. As time wore on, our statistics at the end of games/season were surprising, because our offense had no flow or identity, and our team success reflected it even w/the surprising stats. I, for sure, don't want him back. Where has he ever maintained any consistency? Is he still coaching? How could that be if he was so good?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I gotta disagree. The one gripe I have about the 07 offense was the Charles Scott debacle in the bluegrass state. Other than that he did a damn fine job calling offense. In 08, he did a good job calling offense too, only problem, LSU had Malveeto on the other side and Jarrett Lee threw a ton of picks, 7 of which were returned for TD's. It was after that season that good ole Les said to himself, fuck this shit. If I'm gonna get fired, I'm doing it running the ball. Fuck a passing game. We don't need it. We can line up helmet on helmet and beat everyone running the ball and if we can't, well we just won't win, but the game will be close and we won't have thrown interceptions. How many times will that happen in a season? 2 or 3 times? I average 10 wins I'm going nowhere, but I'll be damned if I ever get into a situation where I'm throwing the ball to the other team a bunch. Miles puts the clamps on the offense, at the end of 08, he designs the offense, he puts the plays in the game plan and draws up the game plan, and the "OC" calls plays from a Les generated playbook and gameplan, and those plays can be overridden at any point by the hat and jacket himself from the sideline. By the way, that will never change.

At least that's how I imagine it.

islstl likes this.
  10. leroy7500

leroy7500 Founding Member

BUBBLE SCREEN- LEFT. BUBBLE SCREEN - RIGHT.