LSU on ESPN Classic

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by eric d, Oct 16, 2002.

1. eric d

eric d Founding Member

I looked ahead, and ESPN Classic is showing three games next week, so set your vcr's. All the games are against Auburn.

Oct 23 10:00 am 1988
    Oct 24 10:00 am 1997
    Oct 25 10:00 am 1996

I think 1996 is the year that Auburn made that come back after LSU built that big lead. You may not want to record that one.
    Is 1988 the earthquake game? I have never seen that game. I listened to it on the radio as a kid. I would love to see that.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

1988 was the Eathquake Game. Unfortunately only the last 10 minutes is worth watching, unless you like defensive struggles with no points scored.

3. whaleofacock

whaleofacock Founding Member

I remember that game when I was a student at USC. I was and still am impressed with the noise that yall can produce in that stadium. :eek: Hopefully, it will not be near that loud this Saturday :D

GO COCKS!!!

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

It was also my very first game as an LSU student. Back then Auburn was our first game of the year. You can imagine my impression of LSU football and Tiger Stadium. I was an instant fanatic!

5. RockyMtTiger

RockyMtTiger Founding Member

The 1996 game was the infamous "fire" game at Auburn, a win for LSU. The 1997 game was at Tiger Stadium, a late comeback victory for Auburn.