LSU on ESPN Classic

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by eric d, Jan 17, 2003.

1. eric d

eric d Founding Member

The 1988 football game against Georgia is on right now. It just started too.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

too bad I dont get ESPN classic:( Cable Channel 38 is showing the Hornets game.

3. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Actually, it's 1987 not 1988. Some guy named Bill Goldberg is a lineman for the Bulldogs. I hear he became some sort of a wrestler or something.
    Anyway, you should order ESPN Classic. It is my favorite station, and they actually show quite a few old LSU football games. They haven't shown too many basketball games though.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I saw the Loyola Marymount basketball game (Shaq/Gathers) on there a couple times. But that was the extent of the LSU basketball coverage. It should be noted, however, that there are not many "classics" in Tiger hoops history.

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Unfortunately, they showed the collapse against Kentucky in '93 (?) during "Kentucky week" a few months ago. I've seen the '87 Regional Final against Indiana a few times (the game Knight banged on the phone on the scorer's table). I think either last year's or the year before's Florida game will be coming on soon, I assume around when we play UF later this month. And, they'll show those 30 minute summaries of Final Fours every so often, so you can catch the '81 and '86 teams in action. I wish they would show the December '90 Arizona game (Shaq's "coming out party" according to Vitale) or the '00 Zona game. Those are truly "classics" if you're an LSU fan.

6. eric d

eric d Founding Member

I wish they would show the victories over UNLV or the victory against Georgetown. I think that one was in the Dome, and it was Chris Jackson's freshman year. He appeared on the cover of SI soon after that.

7. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

I'd like to see the

1988 basketball game at Gainesville against UF. I was living in Albuquerque at the time and missed the game on TV. For about a week after that people would ask me "who was that guy" who was scoring at will against Schtinzius and the vaunted Gators. Regardless of what's happened since Chris Jackson's freshman saeson is one of favorite LSU Sports memories.