LSU/OU series closer to reality

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

The problem actually occurs more frequently than your post indicates because you have to consider the seasons where there are no undefeateds (e.g. 2003) and the seasons where multiple one loss teams are fighting it out for #2 (e.g. 2000)

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Indiana, you are right and when I was looking at the records I noticed that was probably the case but researching the unbeatens was hard enough. Plus I thought you would have mentioned 2003 before 2000. :) LSU!

3. Indiana Tiger

I meant it only as anecdotal support. Hell, I have all the weekly APs in a spreadsheet (from 66 on if anyone ever needs an obscure question answered), so it's not difficult for me to look up, but I got bored after 2000.

4. cajdav1

You have every week or just the final polls? never mind, I read your post correctly now.

That would make it a lot easier, I had to click on all kinds of stuff on the football wharehouse's site.

5. Indiana Tiger

Yes, I have every week and I've identified the pre-final poll, so this question is fairly easy to look up. Some time ago I had some free time and I collected a bunch of data with the intent of studying LSU relative to other schools. I also have all the NFL draft data from 66 onward too. It starts at 66 because I arbitrarily used the first Superbowl season as the first year. Never got around to doing the analysis I intended and probably never will, but having the data is convenient and interesting and it doesn't take alot of time to update once a year.

6. cajdav1

That's cool Indy. When I was growing up my best friend's older brother used to track each draft and cut out the newspaper clippings and he could find out who drafted who for any year from about 67 onward, the Saints first year. Computers makes it much easier to go back and check on stuff. Looking through old TP clippings is a pain in the butt. :hihi: