LSU out talented again in 2016

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Jul 12, 2016.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Fit right in you say?

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Glad you confirmed that. I was wondering WTF Terry was referring to.

[​IMG]

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

If I'd known what you were babbling about I wouldn't have posed the question.

But, with this "explanation" of yours, it still doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I'm purely guessing here ... Saban's first top five class at LSU was what, 2003? Miles first? 2007? Saban coached five years at MSU, Miles four at OSU. So, there's a bit of a math problem here. Saban hits his first top five in four years of classes, Miles in three? And we're not even beginning to broach the state of the LSU program when both men took over...

This, like your comments about the quickest coach to reach 100 wins, falls completely apart when you take it past its face value.

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

What you're describing at certain positions aren't reflected in recruiting talent overall. An interesting article made the point that 19 out of the last 20 winners of the NC had at least 2 top-10 recruiting rankings in a 4-year cycle leading up to their title. The last 10 winners of a NC, with the exception of auburn in 2010, had at least 3 top-10 recruiting ranking in their 4-year cycle.
    LSU is so far above that recruiting ranking 4-year cycle it's almost beyond belief. I'm using Rivals here.
    2016 - #5
    2015 - #8
    2014 - #2
    2013 - #6
    Not only does LSU fit the description of 3 top-10 rankings, but they are one of the very few teams who have finished in the top 5 for 4 years in a row. That's why Bama knows to circle you guys.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right and what you are describing is......COACHING!!!!!!

Clearly Bama has the advantage there. Talent to talent. I would think LSU should not have lost to Bama 4 times in a row or 5 or whatever.

There have been a few games were I believe coaching cost us, but anyway. You are right. Its not like LSU is recruiting at the level of Miss St here.

7. TUSKtimes

The new age rules as much as I hate them is pushing hard to give the offenses the right of passage downfield. It just makes sense if Les wants to take advantage of what he keeps recruiting at QB then Cameron needs to find a way to take better advantage of Harris skill set. That's probably a little more spread concepts, easy throws on rollouts, play action, and even a good dose of tempo gives offenses such a big advantage. The last two seasons with Kiffin we've been giving some of these teams back what we've been dealing with for the last decade.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Historically, Saban has had a hard time with teams that ran fast paced tempos than not. I wonder if that gets corrected under new guidance.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

IF the quarterback has a hot hand. It's not the fast paced, it's the combination with a QB that's having a hell of a game.

10. TUSKtimes

Keep downsizing the D, put more speed on the field, hope you quit running into the Deshaun Watson's of the world. You can do all that, but I'm more convinced than ever you have to have an explosive offense these days. Cause there will just be those times, when you have to beat them at their own game. Offense is some of the answer to the spread, hurry up, not just the D.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016