LSU picks up JUCO Linebacker

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasTiger, Jan 16, 2003.

1. DallasTiger

DallasTiger Freshman

Dandydon, TigerRag, and Tigerbait are all reporting that Kenny Hollis out of East Mississippi Community College has committed to LSU. I have not heard a great deal about him, but The Insiders have him ranked as a five star and Rivals has him as a four star. Maybe things are looking better and better at linebacker.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

If LSU gets Russell, this class will be as heralded as his first with Spears and Clayton and them.

Wow Saban is out doing himself this year. After a Down year and he pulls in the number 3 class in the nation so far...
    (according to ESPN, on Rivals we are 5)

3. Whats weird is that alot of these good players are coming out of Mississippi. I don't remember this many good atheltes coming to LSU from there. Hoping we will get Culbertson as well, DB is where we need the most help now that LB is getting loaded.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Saban is really turning out to be a great recruiter. I will be curious to see the team in a couple years when ALL players on scholarship are all Saban's boys.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We have two DB's committed with two more leaning to LSU including 5-star Quinton Culberson. I think we'll be OK there.

We have ZERO committments at wide reciever. With Clayton likely going pro next year, we have to sign at least two WR's.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

DandyDon listed that Juco LB (Hollis?) as having really good size, like 6'3, 245 or something like that. That sounds good.

7. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

if we can.....

if we can get LaRon Landry to get his mind off of Miami That would be a great pickup from us....LaRon can be that Shutdown corner or that defensive Quarterback that we so desperately need. He Definately got the smarts for it scoring a 28 on his ACT not to mention being a 4 star prospect. Plus if we hire frank Wilson That could bring in ALL the O.P. Walker guys we are recruiting and some more Curtis guys, since they were in the same district...plus Frank Wilson, can recruit New Orleans like Pete Jenkins did, and get us back in the running for Vegas Franklin, Adam Kraus, LaRon Landry, and Kirston Pittman

8. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

do we still have a chance with Kraus...or is he pretty much a UM guy