Lsu player(s) involved in deadly shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Dec 22, 2018.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

The goal is reduction, not perfection. Being defensive and trying to find a flaw in every suggestion/solution is not open minded. I’m solution oriented and try to keep big picture of reducing disease, or death, and know that panaceas aren’t common.

Studies show that when alcohol consumption is truly initiated after 21, the rates of continued alcohol use and abuse go way down. That’s international. The earlier the introduction the more ingrained it is in your life habits, the more it becomes a problem at a later age. Now, genetics come into play individually for alcoholism, etc, but across societies, that has been the data. Just an example about how the more mature the brain is with high risk behaviors like EtOH consumption the better the behavior.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Not the 21 or amnesty. And not all federally.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So now kids can join the military but not drink or own a gun legally. Nice

LSUTiga, uscvball and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

But they can legally shoot one in the military.

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I always had issues with that, but in the real world not everything has to make perfect since. Militaries need willing strong men and women. That generally means young. Killing generally is done by a very small percentage of the military. And they generally don't let you drink when on duty and until 21. But no one is going to really be upset if 18 year Olds are caught drinking

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

An m4 is ok but not a pistol.

Typed the same but thought I hit enter.

And yes laws on this level need to have some symmetry and make sense. If young men can fight and die at 18 young men can drink and own a pistol. If not then the issues aren't guns anyhow.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Military trains them to use weapon. Military and civilian life is also different.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I am sure parts of Baton Rouge are not so different!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Military trains them to use a weapon but do they train them in how to be away from their families, how to survive multiple deployments, how to reacquaint themselves with children they've been away from for years at a time?

Simply knowing how to shoot a weapon doesn't mean you are prepared to actually do so.
    The military needs women in administrative and support roles. They do not and should not be needed on the front line or in any special ops. They should not be on ships or submarines.

As for drinking in the military, the Navy actually hired a consulting group and as one of their biggest projects, they taughht the Navy to drink responsibly. Lol.

tirk and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Not sure if the new military is a softer military that cares about things like that or not. I’d guess they pay it lip service at least.