Lsu player(s) involved in deadly shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Dec 22, 2018.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The Air Force did when I was on active duty.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What you want is utopia, leprechauns riding on unicorns with gold dust shooting out of their asses.

Perfect world type stuff. Nice to dream about but let's offer up a real solution that doesn't trample our liberty.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

That’s not at all what I said, want, or expect. Read again.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No, that is exactly what you expect.

I will be the grim reaper here and deliver the bad news. It is impossible

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

dream killer

shane0911 likes this.
  6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Dude, I don’t look at anything as impossible, and I certainly don’t expect utopia on this or any other public health crisis. As I’ve stated, reduction would be a reasonable goal.

Deaths from GSWs are in fact a public health crisis just like vaccine preventable disease was in the 1970s, MVA deaths prior to seat belt laws, and now obesity rates that have climbed astronomically. Efforts to reduce the rates of these phenomena didn’t cease then, and eventually were successful. Obesity and type II diabetes rates dwarf GSW and no one on the medical side is throwing in the towel on that either. It’s a formidable obstacle, just like this one.

GSW deaths in the US have climbed every decade since the 1970s. It is, in fact, a crisis. You may want to stick your head in the sand and prefer to look at as a constitional issue rather than a health issue, and the NRA and Fox News have done a great job in psychological warfare in convincing people like you that is the issue. I focus on the human side and feel like a solution to reduction in access is out there. Smarter people than me will figure it out somehow, some way.

The problem with your stance is that it is focusing on your personal microclimate where no one in your view is killing each other and then jumps to macro issues like constitutional infringement. That ignores the in between, and stems from a devaluing of those other components of society. The video of WS dying from a GSW really disturbed me and hit home. I know he put himself in that situation, but in the 1970s, dude doesn’t die from a bullet, likely doesn’t die at all, and maybe lives to get past his immaturity and be a productive member of society. Just sayin’

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Gun-related deaths and need for vaccines are not comparable for one specific reason. Diseases that require vaccinations affect Americans equally and across the board. There is no crisis of gun related deaths in every city and area. They are concentrated more specifically in areas with socio-economic issues. That's why it isn't an issue with guns.

Obesity is much the same. There are certain states with much higher rates of obesity. So why should my access to certain food and drink be limited in California because somebody in Arkansas loves fried chicken?

I don't watch Fox News and I don't read or pay attention to what the NRA has to say. Why is it that you assume those entities have psychologically manipulated strict Constitutionalists and yet you admit that your own thinking is swayed by emotion?

Two-thirds of all gun related deaths in this country are the result of suicide. Suicide is not illegal. If it's not illegal, then why is it anyone's business if somebody wants to kill themself? It's certainly a sad event, very selfish, and leaves behind an immeasurable amount of grief. But guns are not driving that behavior they are merely the means.

shane0911 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh, so you served?

GiantDuckFan and uscvball like this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

[​IMG]

Illegal alien, gang-banger, cop killer. I'm sure if we'd just limited his access....

shane0911 likes this.
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

And you? Never mind. We know the answer.

kcal likes this.