LSU Players And The 2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jan 8, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Now that things to fall into place about who will return. Still a few trying to decide. From the Sr's. La'el is one to keep an eye on. Just starting out, McShay starts out on his projection...Unless something changes, I don't see him around at 27.

LSU OT La'el Collins to Indianapolis with No. 27 pick, ESPN's Todd McShay says
    [​IMG]
    LSU Tigers offensive tackle La'el Collins (70) future could be at guard in the NFL. (Brett Duke, NOLA.com | Times-Picayune)
    Print
    [​IMG] By Jim Kleinpeter, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    Follow on Twitter
    on January 07, 2015 at 10:58 AM, updated January 07, 2015 at 11:13 AM
    [​IMG]
    It's that time of year. the 2015 NFL Draft is only four months away and the mock drafts are starting to proliferate.

ESPN analyst Todd McShay rated LSU offensive tackle La'el Collins as a second round pick but he thinks Collins will go in the first round to Indianapolis with the No. 27 overall selection in his first mock draft of the season.

McShay thinks Collins will be the sixth offensive tackle taken. Here's McShay's analysis of the Colts pick:

"The Colts need to do a better job of protecting QB Andrew Luck, as he's taken a lot of hits this season, and finding a way to establish more of a running game should be a priority as well. Collins would help in both areas. He is massive at 6-4, 324 pounds, and projects as either a right tackle or guard in the NFL, as he is just average in pass protection but shows very good burst, strength and toughness as a run-blocker."

McShay's fellow ESPN.com analyst Mel Kiper Jr. hasn't issued his first mock draft, but he has Collins rated as the No. 3 offensive tackle on the board.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Seven Tigers to play in all-star games
    Seven members of LSU’s 2014 senior class will take part in college football all-star games over the next two weeks highlighted by Senior Bowl invitees La’el Collins and Connor Neighbors.

Collins, a second team All-America selection at left tackle, and Neighbors, a two-year starter at fullback, will play for the South squad in the Senior Bowl, which kicks off at 3 p.m. on the NFL Network on Saturday, Jan. 24 in Mobile, Ala.

On Saturday, Jan. 17, LSU will have five players in action as running backs Kenny Hilliard and Terrence Magee along with safety Ronald Martin and defensive end Jermauria Rasco will take part in the East-West Shrine Game in St. Petersburg, Fla.

The four Tigers playing in the Shrine Game will be on the East roster and will be coached by former NFL standout and NFL head coach Mike Singletary. Kickoff for the East-West Shrine Game is 3 p.m. and contest will be televised by the NFL Network.

Also that day, linebacker D.J. Welter will be on the west coast taking part in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl in Carson, Calif. Kickoff for the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl is set for 3 p.m. with ESPN televising the game.

Last year, former LSU fullback J.C. Copeland was named the most outstanding player in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl after helping his team to a 31-17 victory in the game.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Quickies:
    Jemauria Rasco lines up offsides on every single rep. He never looks inside for the ball but rather begins each rep with his head down, almost looking behind him. I have not been impressed.

I was impressed with LSU RB Terrence Magee, who runs hard and aggressively. He is clearly the fastest RB through the hole and cuts at a higher pace than the others, including his Tigers teammate Kenny Hilliard. Magee was in high demand by NFL personnel after practice.

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2015/01/shrine-game-east-notes-tuesday/#more-3610

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Neither of those observations surprises me.

didit and LSUDad like this.
  5. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Founding Member

I would not mind seeing Magee play for the black and gold.

Brian and LSUDad like this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I've said before, the #18, does carry a little weight in the NFL

Brian likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hawkins, Alexander, and Mills coming back to school. O line is gonna be tough.

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

So what does the secondary look like? Where does RJ fit in?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He should see time, Martin is a senior, leaving Mills and Adams playing Safety then a fight between RJ, and Justin Reid hopefully. They will all play. What I wanna know is what's gonna happen with Ed Paris, and the supreme depth at corner, Toliver coming in, Trey White already there, who knows about RR. We are so fucking deep in the defensive backfield.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I don't think we will ever see RR again. But yeah, I'm curious about who ends up starting opposite White.