LSU Players And The 2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jan 8, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is what I'm talking about.

I know @LSUDad is just a hype machine and that's fine and fun for some of you but these mock draft idiots are just that. Even the best of the best are no more accurate than 5 O'clock Charlie (M*A*S*H refrence, look it up)

Why anyone buys into this crap is beyond me. Bet they buy a bunch of shit from info mercials too. I guess someone has to keep em in business

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Like I said, La'el did well by returning, I like what Grimes did with this line. Its hard to break old habits. They are really trying to learn the positions. Once they get drafted and make it a full time job, things will fall into place. Every year a draft takes a turn, what most teams don't look at is depth at a position. The Saints had one of the worst drafts last year. You look at what they got out of it. 7 starts out of Cooks, not another of the 5 players drafted had a start. Two players are not on the Saints roster, one is with the Cardinals and one with the Jags. 7 starts between 6 players, not a good draft. Last year the CB was small, the WR position was large, they should have picked a CB in the first round then a WR in the second. When they picked 58th, Jarvis Landry was still on the board, he was the star of the Dolphins class, leading the team in receptions. Finished with 11 starts, and 84 receptions for 758 yards. Guess what, the Saints still need help at CB. They also need help at OL and LB.

Brian likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Collins can play tackle just fine, but he's a prototype NFL guard. It just adds to his value that he can play both positions.

Brian and LSUDad like this.
  4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

He'll make more money as an elite tackle. He's got the ability and skillset to be a monster right tackle, but the money spot will always be the left side. And I believe he can eventually transition there. Jammal Brown became a Pro Bowl LT for the Saints, and La'El will have a superior career, imo.

There are no more Willie Roaf's and Jonathan Ogden's and Orlando Pace's anymore.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Cardinals will have pick of tall, long corners in draft

[​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
      Josh Weinfuss, ESPN Arizona Cardinals reporter

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The loss of Antonio Cromartie to free agency opened a job in the Arizona Cardinals' defense at right cornerback.

While there are two incumbent defensive backs -- Jerraud Powers and Justin Bethel -- who will battle to take over for Cromartie, coach Bruce Arians wants to add more depth and competition at corner. But he wants to do it in the form of youth rather than experience.

Asked if he wanted to sign a veteran corner -- a la Cromartie -- this offseason, Arians balked at the idea.

"No. Not at all," he said. "I'd really like to add a young one -- a young, long, fast one because I think we have enough depth with the guys we have."

The Cardinals, who are drafting 24th overall in the NFL draft later this month, are in prime position to take a cornerback in the first round. By the time they're put on the clock, there's a good chance Trae Waynes and Kevin Johnson are gone. Probably Marcus Peters, too. In some mock drafts, Byron Jones and Ronald Darby are both first-round picks but are taken later.

However, the Cardinals will likely lead them to another position of greater importance in the first round.

But following Arians' lead, here is a look at some of the best corners at least 6-feet tall who will be around after the top tier goes off the board:

Jalen Collins, LSU: Another corner who, if he's around, should be taken by the Cardinals. Among this group of corners, he may be the most athletic. He's considered one of the best cover corners in the draft with good eyes and ability to stay with receivers in press coverage. The two main knocks against Collins is his ability to be coached and his lack of interceptions. If he can accept NFL coaching, he could have a long career. Size: 6-foot-1, 203 pounds. 40-time: 4.48 seconds.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Danielle Hunter, coming out as a true Jr. At 6'5" 252#, ran a 4.57/40. Size and speed. I've seen him play in high school, playing DE, TE and Special Teams. One of the high school coaches said they knew they couldn't stop him, so they tried to slow him down, still unable to do that with a OT and TE.
    On to LSU, not taking a Red-Shirt, playing as a TF in 2012. Long, lanky with great speed. Looks more like a TE than a DE. Makes plays against the run or pass. Good balance and plays hard every play. Hunter can come in and play Special Teams, too much talent. Some have Hunter going in the 1st round and some in the 4th, I like him in between, the 2nd. A number of teams could use his help, could play in a 4-3 or a 3-4 defense. Too much upside with Hunter.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Kwon Alexander had a torn ACL in high school, then a broken ankle at LSU. As for on the field, Athletic, sheds blocks well, get through traffic, sideline to sideline, field quickness and speed. Did well with 4.55 speed and 24 reps. I like him in the 3rd round, but would not be shocked to see a team take him before the 3rd. A few teams like him in the 2nd. He and Hunter could be drafted around the same time.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How's Collins' foot? I'm also hearing buzz around Terrance Magee, some are predicting 3rd round which is great for him, I wish him the best.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Recovery doing well. Magee is one that a number of teams are looking at, 3rd would be great, most have him and Hilliard rated real close. 4th or later, for Magee looks to be around right. Teams like the kids with the #18, one less they have to keep an eye on.

Remember this, in the last two drafts, they haven't had a RB taken in the first round.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Fun to watch Magee and Hilliard run, not much wasted, they don't do much cutting, just running to green grass.

Magee, at 5-8 and 213#'s, runs with good power and has quick feet. Doesn't take long to get to full speed. Can be a kickoff returner, has great hands playing the WR position one year at LSU. Given the #18, he's one a team won't have to worry about off the field. Remember, had one rush in 2012, Cam Cameron came in moved him over to RB in 2013, that season, 86 attempts. Had a good week at the East-West game practice and played well in the game. Still lots of tread on the tires, most of his yards came from coming off the bench.

Hilliard, 6ft. 226#'s, a hard runner, again, not much of a cut, a workhorse, delivers a pop. Tough in the Red-Zone and has played the FB position, in the Pro's could be in a one back set at times. Blocks well. Runs well between the tackles.