LSU Players And The 2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jan 8, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The U can't keep DB's in state.

Signed,

KT2 and Saivion Smith

TigerTap and Brian like this.
  2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Over the past 6 or seven years at lest I'll take our DB's over any other group. Not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I can't for the life of me understand how fans can be so deflated that when we get a great player or a commitment from one all they can do is fuss about the offense. Depressing.

Tiger Exile, titoabad1 and LSUDad like this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Also signed Patrick Peterson and Rashard Robinson (the talent that might have been...)

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

True Stacey, over the years we have done very well getting top DB's from Fla. We also picked up a number of WR's over the years from that state.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

FL, TX, CA and GA can't keep most of their prospects home because they have so many of them. And it is awfully nice when we can get some of their top players.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Mayock now has La'el is the number one OT on his board, and now he has Jalen Collins the #2 CB. A little moving up by the Tigers

Brian, ParadiseiNC and StaceyO like this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Yup. Bulger would have been a MUCH earlier selection in the draft, but in his final year at West Virginia his entire offensive line graduated/changed. He was tackled and beaten most games. He showed a ton of promise the previous year. So he "slipped" to the sixth round. He's a Pittsburgh kid, though, and that's often a good thing if you're a quarterback.

The Saints at the time though were wise to cut him. I attended many practices and Bulger honestly looked like a high school kid out there. Balls in the dirt. Little moxie to his cadence. Just completely unprepared for the position he was handling. He made the rounds on practice squads with the Falcons and Rams before he finally emerged as a quality starter. Had he been thrown into game action early on? He probably would have died a horrific death and never recovered. Cam Cameron talked about the perils of losing a QB by starting them too soon where their confidence is shattered in his recent 3 part interview. He was spot on, especially back then. Guys are more ready now than ever before with all the QB camps and tutoring they get at the high school and then college level. It's something we've never seen before.

Remember, in the late '80s and early '90s guys were still using training camp to "get into shape."

Now? You come in out of shape you're out a job quick.

LSUDad and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. Brian

Brian Founding Member

That was Trent Green who got hurt. Ended up with the KC Chiefs if I recall right.

Bulger succeeded Kurt Warner with the Rams. He bounced around divisional practice squads (Falcons/Rams I believe) after we cut him-- this was when the Saints were still in the same division as the Rams and 49ers (old NFC West)..

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Stopped into City Cafe for a quick meal, La'el Collins was just finishing up eating. Had a quick talk with him. Hope he does well.

Brian and COTiger like this.
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Name dropper. Oh wait, that wasn't the first time. :D

furduknfish, Brian and LSUDad like this.