LSU Players Are College Kids, Not Professionals

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OkieTigerTK, Oct 15, 2007.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ok, i've had enough of people calling out individual players in a nasty manner. if you want to discuss the aspects of the game - the x's and o's - that is fine. even if i disagree with you, i defend your right to say it. even when i think you are being an ass.

HOWEVER.... calling players names and getting nasty about individual players crosses the line of what is acceptable. if you don't believe me, please read the user's agreement!

these kids - and i stress kids - are not professionals. they are young men giving their heart, their blood, their sweat, and their tears to their team and their school. they are representing my alma mater in a way that makes me proud. they slipped. they lost. if any of you think that what you are feeling is worse than what they are feeling, go to a shrink and get some meds cause you are totally dilusional! i have no doubt these kids are kicking themselves harder than any of us can even imagine!

i am ashamed of some of you that call yourselves tiger fans!

17 people like this.
  2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Darn. Wish I had said that. Great post!

:eek:ldskule:

1 person likes this.
  3. edyel

edyel edyel

Miles in his pc said "these players are sick about the loss",and he is too. The bandwagon stops here and anyone who wants off GET OFF!! Don't bother asking for another ride when LSU is in the Dome come Jan 7.:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Hanging around the Okie State family too much, huh? :)

5. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I agree with okie and think that the flat calling out flynn and others is disgusting.

This team has given us something to be proud of and showed us what it means to have the will to win. They slipped but this isn't the end for us, nor is it the end of the players. Call it loyalty to our seniors call it what you want, but I would rather have a team I can be proud of on and off the field then anything. This tiger TEAM are already champions in my heart and we shouldn't be so quick to judge. (That are should be is but a pain in the azz to correct on the blackberry so sorry).

3 people like this.
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Maybe, but she just made the best point of anyone on this board since the game.:thumb:

7. edyel

edyel edyel

We need LESS of you and MORE of her.:(

2 people like this.
  8. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

I agree on everything said, but on the other hand I think guys should to some degree expect if their level of play drops below a certain level. Take Lafell for instance... ok fine he's dropped some balls. All recievers do evenutally but when you start dropping 50% of weekly passes thrown your way, especially in key situations like he has people have to expect that he's going to catch some criticism. This of course just my .02 on the subject.

9. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Great Post --- Thank you!!!

:eek:ldskule:

1 person likes this.
  10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

see my signature for my response. Some folks just don't "get it".:dis::dis::dis:

1 person likes this.