LSU Players Implicated in Bar Fight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by N.C.Tiger, Aug 19, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Jefferson was wearing sunglasses at 1:30AM? How could he see anybody to fight with?

2. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlZNMzSLTQ4"]Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night (Low Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  3. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

After watching the video it appears to me that the person who kicked the person on the ground was not much taller than the blonde haired woman that is standing beside them. JJ is 6'4"-6'5". The person in the video doesn't appear to be that much taller than the woman and I don't see her being 6' tall or taller. I believe the kicker is probably in the 5'9" to 5'11" range. Just my opinion after reviewing the video several times. But I believe the bar employees are the only non-biassed witnesses(that we have heard from so far) and BRPD didn't think to interview them after the fight which is mind boggling to say the least.

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

This is old-school thinking.....and difficult to disagree with.

5. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Or it could be bringing felony charges as a result of "using" a shoe as a weapon, as was evidenced in the Jena 6 case. Hence, taking all those shoes to determine which shoe it was. It doesn't necessarily matter the severity of the kick.

6. arnaud337

arnaud337 Freshman

If you really listen to the video it says something like this" Hey Hey Hey Hey Jeff Jeff Jeff five o five o five o Jeff lets go". Im pretty close to word for word with it as well.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The DA overreached with that in Jena, too. I think it's difficult to make the case that soft athletic shoes are weapons. This campus is crawling with weapons-carrrying people, if so.

If a weapon was involved, then it would go beyond second-degree battery and become aggravated battery, which no one has mentioned.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

That's assuming athletic shoes were worn and not dress shoes... Either way, "shoes as weapons" is a silly concept, IMO. Our legal system is going to go down the road that makes EVERY item a "weapon".

Your honor, Exhibit A: Sheet of white copy paper the defendant used as a weapon to paper cut my client in an attempt to end life.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I got my wingtips on today. I'm packing heat!

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time