LSU Players Implicated in Bar Fight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by N.C.Tiger, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

It's was quoted from the DA, I'll try to find the article again..

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

That was my question, since they have been charged with felony 2nd degree battery, and trying to figure what to do about bail. Someone filed charges, and I haven't read where a grand jury decided to indict any players. So if charges have been filed, who filed them? Think the DA lied?

3. ExoticGlass1

No, not really.. I had charges filed against my ex-wife, a police officer arrested her and then turned her loose. After that it went to the DA. As of now the charges are being pressed by the victims, I don't think the DA was involved until now.

4. ExoticGlass1

I can't get on a computer right now and trying to search with my phone. In the article the BRPD also said they would release no further information on the case.. I'm sure someone else has seen this article also.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

What I want to know is this:

I Lowery's dad friends with the mayor or the police chief...because this sure seems to be a witch hunt.

Maybe the police were pressured into making an arrest...and they had enough testimony to do so. Now I guess it's in the hands of the DA's office...and the police can hurry up and go back to arresting real criminals.

1 person likes this.
  6. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

FIFY

2 people like this.
  7. BP

BP Founding Member

I am not an attorney, nor in law enforcement, but I would be very surprised, especially in this high profile case, if the police had not discussed what they have with the DA's office and got the ok to arrest. Hillar Moore was a damn good defense attorney before becoming DA, so he knows how both sides operate. I hate to say it, and I hope I'm wrong, but I believe there must be strong evidence against these two.

8. ExoticGlass1

DA

Hope I did this right.

1 person likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Innocent until proven guilty, we say in America. It's just an arrest, that doesn't always lead to prosecution and conviction.

10. BP

BP Founding Member

I absolutely agree. My only point is that I would be surprised if the DA's office had not reviewed what the police had and agreed to the arrest. Not implying guilt but commenting on those who believe the police acted in a rash fashion. Having enough evidence for even a legitimate arrest is not the same as guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. At every point in the investigative and trial process the amount of evidence needed is greater. You need very little evidence to obtain a search warrant, more (supposedly) to make an arrest, and still more to convict.