LSU Players Implicated in Bar Fight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by N.C.Tiger, Aug 19, 2011.

1. BP

BP Founding Member

I am not an attorney, nor in law enforcement, but I would be very surprised, especially in this high profile case, if the police had not discussed what they have with the DA's office and got the ok to arrest. Hillar Moore was a damn good defense attorney before becoming DA, so he knows how both sides operate. I hate to say it, and I hope I'm wrong, but I believe there must be strong evidence against these two.

2. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

DA

Hope I did this right.

1 person likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Innocent until proven guilty, we say in America. It's just an arrest, that doesn't always lead to prosecution and conviction.

4. BP

BP Founding Member

I absolutely agree. My only point is that I would be surprised if the DA's office had not reviewed what the police had and agreed to the arrest. Not implying guilt but commenting on those who believe the police acted in a rash fashion. Having enough evidence for even a legitimate arrest is not the same as guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. At every point in the investigative and trial process the amount of evidence needed is greater. You need very little evidence to obtain a search warrant, more (supposedly) to make an arrest, and still more to convict.

5. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Freshman

Because he wants to be re-elected one day and doesn't want to touch this one with a 10-foot pole?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's still a big chit sandwich and the DA and the Chief of Police are both going to have to take a big bite.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

:rofl:

I hope they both choke.

1 person likes this.
  8. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Veteran Member

Agree.